Sin City: Recut & Extended

Tools    

Sin City: Recut & Extended

Dimension has provided DVD Answers with the very first details on Sin City: Recut & Extended which stars Bruce Willis, Clive Owen and Jessica Alba. This new cut of the movie will be available to own December 13th , and priced at the SRP of around $39.99.

The set contains:
  • Recut and Extended Theatrical Release - Separated into four stories (Approx. 147 minutes)
  • Original Theatrical Release (Approx. 124 minutes)
  • 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen
  • English DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround

Exclusive Never-Before-Seen Extras
  • All-New Feature Commentary with Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller
  • All-New Feature Commentary with Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino
  • All-New Feature Commentary of Austin Premiere Audience Reaction
  • 15-Minute Film School with Robert Rodriguez
  • The Movie in High-Speed Green Screen
  • The Long Take: 17 Uninterrupted Minutes of Tarantino's Segment
  • Sin City Night At Antones - Filmmakers, Cast and Crew Party
  • 10-Minute Cooking School with Robert Rodriguez
  • Bloopers
  • Teaser & Theatrical Trailers
  • A Hard Top With A Decent Engine: The Cars of Sin City
  • Making The Monsters: Special Effects Make-Up
  • Trench Coats & Fishnets: The Costumes of Sin City
  • Booze, Broads & Guns: The Props of Sin City
  • How It Went Down: Convincing Frank Miller to make the film
  • Giving the Characters Life: Casting the film
  • Special Guest Director: Quentin Tarantino
  • Sin-Chroni-City Interactive Game
  • Sin-Chroni-City Interactive Game

To conclude the package, you'll get the complete Sin City Graphic Novel - 'The Hard Goodbye' .

The official artwork will available shortly.

Source: DVD Times

Randomly visiting for now
thx Jrs, it won't be for a while until it comes to Australia but it's good to know about special editions. I loved the movie when I saw it at the movies

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
shiny. now I am going to have to buy Sin City again. lol
You too huh? Guess that means I'll have to put some overtime in at the fake banana peel factory.

Bad Morther****er
Wasn't it a given? All the current DVD has is 1 special feature. For a movie such as this that is a joke. They had to have have this in the works since before the first dvd release.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Canadaguy
You too huh? Guess that means I'll have to put some overtime in at the fake banana peel factory.
Wait! There are bananas in Canada? I have dreams of this you know.

Originally Posted by Urban Cowboy
Wasn't it a given? All the current DVD has is 1 special feature. For a movie such as this that is a joke. They had to have have this in the works since before the first dvd release.
Yes, of course it was well known that a deluxe edition DVD for SIN CITY was in the works. It wasn't a secret at all. It was common knowledge, including in many threads here on this site before the first DVD was even released.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yes, of course it was well known that a deluxe edition DVD for SIN CITY was in the works. It wasn't a secretat all. It was common knowledge, including in many threads here on this site before the first DVD was even released.
YUP! Holden brought this to our attention weeks before the original release was in our near by stores. I think it brought up the Kill Bill deluxe edition or what ever they'll call it.

Why does QT get a commentary, gah. 17 uninterupted minutes of his segement, his head must be filling up again.

What's the fourth story then? Is Hartigan's split into 2 or is there a new one?

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Why does QT get a commentary, gah. 17 uninterupted minutes of his segement, his head must be filling up again.
Just the chin.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
What's the fourth story then? Is Hartigan's split into 2 or is there a new one?
No, "The Customer is Always Right", which is the short piece starring Josh Hartnett that opens the film, is the fourth story.

I kinda lucked out with this. I mean I got it when it came out because my friend bought four copies and he gave me one of em so it's all good!

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I See You When You're Sleeping
A nice violent gift for christmas. Didn't buy the original but just because I forgot all about it to be honest.