Film that made you cry

Tools    

The Frozen Ground, it was so bad.

@Bitbomb, eternall sunshine of a spotless mind really had me shook too. I think it's a nerve many have, absolutely loving someone that you've lost and affliction of those memories being the most beautiful moments to you yet the most painful also. From there it stems into much complexity so I won't go on too much of a rant.

For me, a lot of films tugged at my heart though I can't recall literally crying to any. For some reason Werkmeister Harmonies had one of the strongest emotional impacts on me of any film.

Orca The Killer Whale - I was thrilled when Harris got chewed up by daddy whale for killing that baby whale.

The only movie that makes me cry every single time I see it is "Stepmom". The scene when Susan Sarandon gives her children their special mom Christmas gifts is like a cue for my eyes to start watering.

And in most other aspects I consider myself somewhat of an emotional cripple.

I am sure there are others, but this one just really sticks out to me.
this scene had me cryin too...and i rarely! cry

I found it difficult to cry at movies for years. There were plenty of moments that gave me a lump in my throat, or made me really sad and thoughtful, but nothing which actually got the tear ducts pumping.
Until I watched Dancer in the Dark... Oh. My. God.
Then the floodgates well and truly opened, and I couldn't stop! Since watching that film I've basically cried at everything, ever. It's sent me funny
Incredible film though!

Finished here. It's been fun.
I found it difficult to cry at movies for years. There were plenty of moments that gave me a lump in my throat, or made me really sad and thoughtful, but nothing which actually got the tear ducts pumping.
Until I watched Dancer in the Dark... Oh. My. God.
Then the floodgates well and truly opened, and I couldn't stop! Since watching that film I've basically cried at everything, ever. It's sent me funny
Incredible film though!
I'm literally about to watch that film next. Now I know I'm getting something very heavy.

I'm literally about to watch that film next. Now I know I'm getting something very heavy.
Yikes, good luck I'd be really interested to know what you think once you've watched it!

-Braveheart (when they're literally slicing his guts open and he screams "FREEDOM!" at the top of his voice, always get lump in throat + shivers down spine).

-Titanic (I can't ****ing help this, I wish I could, but when Rose is recapping her life and the theme is playing, ffs)

-HACHI: A dog's tale (This is probably the only film that really made me cry, I mean really cry, not just teary eyes, some of its scenes were just too much too handle)

-Man on fire ( Its ENDING. Not only it is masterfully done, its really emotional and sad too. And that MUSIC, UFFFFFFF. Always makes me teary eyes.)

Honorable mention goes to Gladiator (when his kid comes running through the fields in Elysium with the music playing, ffs)
also ... Marley and Me.

I am glad others have said Terminator 2. The ending where the terminator sacrifices himself because he knows he has to but is one good thing in John Connors life is just heartbreaking. I have never lost my father but I imagine this is what it must feel like.

I also wish to add "My Sisters Keeper", the ending to it just chokes me up I do not mind admitting, I have bonded so much with who is in it and it just gets to me.

Ghost In The Machine
For some reason Random Harvest (1942) starring Ronald Colman and Greer Garson has always managed to have me choking back a tear or two. I suspect I may not be alone though

The last film that moved me to the point of crying is a Spanish flick called Manic Pixie Dream Girl. The climax scene was expected but either way, simply devastating. I don't know how is its availability for foreign viewers, but it aired on free streaming, sadly not with subs. Very recommendable if you can find it.

Ghost In The Machine
I’m such a crier....so anything touching and moving as well as sad will get to me. I wanted to list some that haven’t been mentioned yet....

The Joy Luck Club (1993) - The most moving film I have ever seen. I cried throughout it. This one stay with me for several days afterward.
Raise the Red Lantern (1991) - The fate of two of the wives really got to me. Another movie that stayed with me.
Jerry Maguire (1996) - “You had me at hello...”
A Walk on the Moon (1999)
Scent of a Woman(1992)
Finding Forrester (2000)
Sense and Sensibility (1995)
Little Man Tate (1991)
Rain Man (1988)
Beaches (1988)
On Golden Pond (1982)
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Fiddler on the Roof (1971)
A Star Is Born (1954)
It's a Wonderful Life (1947)
Random Harvest (1942)
Stage Door (1937)

Bambi gets to me everytime, and as you said...any death scene from Disney of a mother or father.
And in Pinocchio.....when he finally becomes a real boy.
And in The Beauty and the Beast.....when he changes back into a man.

YES!!
Also, for me it’s the mother and daughter moments. One of the many reasons I loved The Joy Luck Club so much. Any mother and daughter could relate to this movie.

Thanks Aniko, I trawled back through the whole thread to see if anyone else had blubbed watching Random harvest. Phew! ( Page 2)