President Trump

Tools    

I dunno if this is what Omni means, but I do think there's a little bit of solace to be taken in the fact that we probably don't have to worry about Trump scheming. He's just blurting things out. I dunno if "honest" is the best word for this, and it comes with a whole host of other problems, but there are other kinds of problems we're used to having with the President, about basic motivation and taking what they say at face value, that don't apply this time.

I dunno if this is what Omni means, but I do think there's a little bit of solace to be taken in the fact that we probably don't have to worry about Trump scheming. He's just blurting things out. I dunno if "honest" is the best word for this, and it comes with a whole host of other problems, but there are other kinds of problems we're used to having with the President, about basic motivation and taking what they say at face value, that don't apply this time.
It might apply to some of the people advising him, though. He might buy the superficial arguments they're giving him, but that doesn't mean there aren't deeper roots to certain decisions they convince him of making.

I mainly agree with Omni's point about the protests and "resistance" that's being formed against Trump, by the way. Largely ineffective and totally ill-focused so far.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke

Yeah, I'm trying to say something a tiny bit subtler than that, and God knows I don't think that silver lining is worth all the crap that comes with it. But I do think it's still a silver lining. There's an upside even to buffoonery, even if it's a net loss.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Kanye West pulls support for Trump

Thank God! His support was a blemish I didn't like.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
So what's Commander marmalade up to on this fine day?

I see that Swan's declaration of liking this genius has been deleted. That's probably a good call.
Not for the reasons you think though.

And since when the hell was that a declaration? Anyone who knows me on this forum knows I'm a decent fan of Kanye's music.

And since when the hell was that a declaration? Anyone who knows me on this forum knows I'm a decent fan of Kanye's music.
I didn't know.

Then you don't know me. In that case, it might do you well not to attack my character.

Then you don't know me. In that case, it might do you well not to attack my character.
Just a response to your response, directly below my post. My intention is neither to get to know you any better, nor to attack you. Just commenting on what was made public and intended for public consumption, by you. Next time, write yourself a rough draft and ponder posting, before posting. It might prevent future overreactions.

Good. I skipped over most of your response because you were lost on the jist of what I was saying.

Just a response to your response, directly below my post. My intention is neither to get to know you any better, nor to attack you. Just commenting on what was made public and intended for public consumption, by you. Next time, write yourself a rough draft and ponder posting, before posting. It might prevent future overreactions.
Dont cross Swans character MM If he deletes anything he says its out of sensitivity towards the other forum members. A level of sensitivity neither you nor I possess.

Aside from that, I think too Kanye West is a pile of ass.

No. There certainly isn't.

...did you think that was his campaign platform???
Did you think that was a rebuttal to my point? Yes, his whole platform was pandering, flip-flopping, obfuscation, attacking, and narcissistic self-promotion. His wall was a pander, just like his bringing back jobs to America, given his career-long habit of importing goods from overseas. Just as Ivanka's whole line of products is currently made overseas. It's very clear from how you're describing Trump, you are ignorant of his history and what was going on during the campaign. You're like someone trying to say he's noble for his vow to "drain the swamp" when it was just words (he admitted as much) and now look at who he's been nominating to his cabinet.

I know what you're saying and I agree up to a point, but I think the entire history of Trump should be looked at. He makes everyone who works for him sign non-disclosure agreements. He's very protective of his business and not only can we be sure there will be at least some level of what any reasonable person would consider corruption, we will be left wondering how his business is affecting our countries policies both domestically and abroad. There was a very good reason he did not release his tax records, so there goes any idea of transparency.

Of course, Trump is also super protective of anything that he thinks rubs up against his ego, no matter how minor. And of course, he is doing his very best to undermine the free press, and clearly for a reason. Some of his blunt comments that might lead us to believe we will have an idea of what's going on very possibly were calculate to gauge public opinion on what he can expect to get away with. I'm thinking of his comments about running the government and his business, for example.

Let's not forget about Russia. Something is going on there. From the looks of things Putin has something hanging over Trump. God knows what, though.

Of course, one could argue we don't have time to worry about what's going on behind the scenes when what he can see is scary enough.

Dont cross Swans character MM If he deletes anything he says its out of sensitivity towards the other forum members. A level of sensitivity neither you nor I possess.

Aside from that, I think too Kanye West is a pile of ass.
I wrote a post, he responded below it. I did not respond below his post, to initiate a discussion, he responded below mine.
He deleted it.
I commented on absence of post and supported the deletion.
We were never discussing liking Kanye's music.
The Kanye style overreaction is completely on Swan, making up a character assassination.

I did not delete any of my posts. Where did I hurt his character?

I wrote a post, he responded below it. I did not respond below his post, to initiate a discussion, he responded below mine.
He deleted it.
I commented on absence of post and supported the deletion.
We were never discussing liking Kanye's music.
The Kanye style overreaction is completely on Swan, making up a character assassination.

I did not delete any of my posts. Where did I hurt his character?
By going on about it. You were bringing attention to a post that he deleted, and your attitude was he was being evasive.