Johnny Depp VS Kevin Bacon

Tools    

Who's the more diverse actor? Who has had the better movies? Who is flat out the better actor?

Everyone always equated Bacon with movi diversity becuase the whole six degrees of kevin bacon thing, but Depp is the true actor of many faces and roles. It takes talent to go from sideshow freak in edward scoccorhands to new york gangsta in donnie brasco and then to the eccentric Iccabod Crane. I truly believe Depp is possibly the most talented actor of his generation.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I think Depp is a good actor, and can surely pull off a diverse amount of roles, but I like Bacon better. Hes my favorite actor so thats probably why. He started off as a military brat in Animal House, played a lawyer in A Few Good Men, was a psycho in The River Wild, a bad cop in Wild Things, a father who saw ghosts in Stir of Echoes(one of the best thriller movies in my opinion), and played a completely invisible person in the Hollow Man. Thats acting.

I like Kevin Bacon too, but he's no Johnny Depp
I hardly consider Animal House, Hollow Man, or Wild Things as challenging roles at all.
his better films, where he has thrived as an actor would be Sleepers, Footloose, and Murder In The First.
Bacon is what I consider an acting whore, he just kind of jumps from role to role as fast as he can. Which isn't nesacarily a bad thing, but I just wish he would choose juicer roles like Murder In the First more often, where he can really show his acting abilities.
Depp almost always pics amazing and unique characters to portray, Ed Wood, Whats Eating Gilbert Grape, and Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas just to rattle off a few more. I'm waiting for that oscar!

Hmm, Have Bacon and Depp ever been in a film together, i cant think of one. Wouldn't that be ironic?

MovieForums Extra

I'll go with Kevin Bacon here, though neither of them are good enough to be labelled "great actors" like say, De Niro, Hoffman, Connery, Mel Gibson etc. I really enjoyed Stir of Echoes, went and saw it twice actually

johnny depp is like a god in the buisness...he isnt reconized as much as i would like to see him reconized...but how often do we get such a rebeled out kinda actor that pulls off all the roles he is handed...i have been a fan of his for a long tyme...and nothing gets better than what's eating gilbert grape or donnie brasco.

Ewww, I didn't like Stir of Echos at all. It was too many things from other movies all together in one. But I did like Fear and Loathing. Has anyone seen this movie? No one I know has, but I think it's cool. I like Johnny 'cause of the weird characters he plays. I never really got into Bacon except in Tremors. One of my favorite movies and filmed about an hours drive from here.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I think I prefer Johnny Depp. Anyone who can do Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood (GREAT, hysterical movie), Gilbert Grape (another good movie and the only Leo movie I can handle), and Icabod Crane has to be some kind of actor. He can act more with just his facial expressions than many actors can with words AND facial expressions.

Plus, he has this timeless look -- just how old is this guy? He always looks like he's in his early to mid-20s, but he's played variously aged people.

Bacon is good too, but not the same. What I like about Bacon is his fairly solid and quiet family life. Not sure what Depp's personal life is like.

Johnny Depp for sure. He can act in many roles (check out some of the diverse films he's been in! Gilbert Grape, Edward Scissorhands, Chocolat), and has been known to do a great job of it. He's good at the artsy type movie AND the action/adventure type. He's a great actor.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm not saying hes a bad actor, its just I like Kevin Bacon better. He seems like a cooler person in real life.

I mean comeon he has his own video game and band.

bacon has a video game?

Didn't see it.
I'm going with Johnny Depp.

oh! six degrees of kevin bacon, i knew that, Im not sure if i'd consider that a video game or not,
I thought you meant he had a real video game on nintendo or something, that would of been funny.

Hands down, no competition Johnny Depp is far superior in both acting prowess & screen presence. Donnie Brasco or anything with Tim Burton at the helm is all I need to say in defence of one of my personal faves.

Kevin Bacons films I watch for a laugh. Pyromaniacs & Tremors are 2 of my faves. Someone mentioned Murder In The First in which he doesnt hold a candle to Gary Oldman in one of his more mediocre roles.
Bacon is by no means a bad screen presence but is it just me or doesn't he look like he climbed out of Marc Singer's gene pool. (Marc Singer is The Beastmaster & Donovan in V) lol

Bacon baby!!!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I know this is a 10 year bump, but wasn't sure where to put this.

&feature=BF&playnext=1&list=QL&index=1

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Johnny Depp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!