Terrorist Attacks

Tools    

Yeah, tonight in Quebec city there was an horrible terrorist attack.

It's 2 white males killing muslims praying, it's quite shocking that it happened in my province.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
It's 2 white males...
Is it?

The report said that one of the suspects, Khadir, is of Moroccan origin and an immigrant from the country, with TVA Nouvelles reporting that he is in his “late 20s to early 30s.”

The early coverage of this was a real mess. They settled on one terrorist or lone wolf or...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...ette-1.3958559
Man, he looks like such a little dweeb! (Of course, all these dweebs look like dweebs after they murder people.)

If he was anti-feminist, then why was he targeting Muslims? (The base ideology of Islam is anti-feminist and mysoginistic). Maybe he's like a reverse Hans Brevick - that guy claimed to be anti-Muslim, so he went and murdered a whole lot of non-Muslim kids!

I condemn all acts of terrorism and such heinous crimes!

I'd like to see this dweeb, Dylann Roof, Hans Brevick and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev all put in a room to face a "Saw" scenario (wherein Jigsaw wins and no one comes out alive.)

Just venting.

Welcome to the human race...
If he was anti-feminist, then why was he targeting Muslims? (The base ideology of Islam is anti-feminist and mysoginistic). Maybe he's like a reverse Hans Brevick - that guy claimed to be anti-Muslim, so he went and murdered a whole lot of non-Muslim kids!
Presumably, it's because his hatred for Muslims managed to outweigh his hatred for feminism.

Alright I need to say this...was the shooter a Trump fan? Cause I think we are going to see a lot more bigoted hatred being dragged out of the closet and onto the streets of America...Ya I know it was Canada. Aren't Canadians suppose to be friendly? what's going on there!

Alright I need to say this...was the shooter a Trump fan? Cause I think we are going to see a lot more bigoted hatred being dragged out of the closet and onto the streets of America...Ya I know it was Canada. Aren't Canadians suppose to be friendly? what's going on there!
Hopefully we'll find out.
But we need to be careful not to engage in blame casting in skewed directions.
Millions of people are Trump fans, just as millions are Hillary fans or Bernie fans, etc. But none of the fans who are in their right mind would be "inspired" by anything any of these people had to say to the point where they would brutally murder innocent people - that's a capacity that originates in the perpetrator. Sure, people can be influenced, but until Trump touts an ideology of supremacy through genocide and says "go kill Muslims wheresoever ye may find them," we can't blame the President for the actions of a homicidal maniac.

He was a trump and Marine Le Pen fan, he was following lots of right wing stuff and hated muslims.

However, I don't know if we can correlate Trump or Le Pen with this guy, he was quite crazy and racist, we can disagree with Trump, but it doesn't go as far as that.

The mistake I made yesterday was that the media said there were 2 suspects, but actually one of those called ''suspects'' was actually there to help some of his friends.

Hopefully we'll find out.
But we need to be careful not to engage in blame casting in skewed directions.
Millions of people are Trump fans, just as millions are Hillary fans or Bernie fans, etc. But none of the fans who are in their right mind would be "inspired" by anything any of these people had to say to the point where they would brutally murder innocent people - that's a capacity that originates in the perpetrator. Sure, people can be influenced, but until Trump touts an ideology of supremacy through genocide and says "go kill Muslims wheresoever ye may find them," we can't blame the President for the actions of a homicidal maniac.
Yeah, who in their right mind would vilify millions of people who happened to share something in common with a person who had done something horribly wrong?

Yeah, who in their right mind would vilify millions of people who happened to share something in common with a person who had done something horribly wrong?
I don't know... who would vilify people who happen to share an violent ideology that directly commands genocide to achieve supremacy over all the Earth and that hail from specific parts of the world which encourage & export global terrorist networks in order to protect their country from those networks carrying out terrorist attacks as have been recently committed in Paris, Brussels and dozens of other countries?

I don't know... who would vilify people who happen to share an violent ideology that directly commands genocide to achieve supremacy over all the Earth and that hail from specific parts of the world which encourage & export global terrorist networks in order to protect their country from those networks carrying out terrorist attacks as have been recently committed in Paris, Brussels and dozens of other countries?
Do you say islam is inherently violent or that there are certain muslims that happen to be violent?

Do you say islam is inherently violent or that there are certain muslims that happen to be violent?
Good questions. Maybe I can clear up some misconceptions about my apparent "Islamophobia" (an alleged "mental disorder" created by Political Correctness to attempt to completely silence anyone who so much as acknowledges the history and incessant violence of global Islamic Terrorism).

I am anti-Islam because I've studied what Islam teaches and what it says its followers should believe and do to establish religious supremacy - an openly stated goal of Islam.

I am not anti-Muslim. Just as there are millions of Jews who do not embrace or attempt to enforce the "laws" of the Old Testament, there are millions of Muslims who do not embrace the literal teachings of Islam or feel duty-bound to carry out its mandates.

There are many moderate Muslims, but there is no moderate Islam.

The philosophy of Islam is inherently violent - anyone who reads the scriptures or studies the life of the prophet who wrote them and who has been taught about in the Sunnahs, and the 1400 year history of Islamic conquest can see that as a simple matter of fact.

There are certain Muslims who embrace the teachings, take them literally and act upon them, and there are many more who do not. And, of course there are those who publicly deny some teachings, or claim they do not accept any violent interpretations of them, while covertly supporting those who act on them directly.

Anti-Trump people.

Seriously, though, the structuring of this post really doesn't help your case.

But none of the fans who are in their right mind would be "inspired" by anything any of these people had to say to the point where they would brutally murder innocent people - that's a capacity that originates in the perpetrator.
First trigger for a nut job that I thought of, was the Prime Minister's earlier welcoming tweet.

The mistake I made yesterday was that the media said there were 2 suspects, but actually one of those called ''suspects'' was actually there to help some of his friends.
There was a lot of false info...

http://globalnews.ca/news/3213204/fa...ters-identity/

I think it has been said many times, that radical or fundamentalist islam is inherently violent.

The President of the USA sets the moral tone for the nation. And trends have a starting point.

When we had a youthful, optimistic president like John F. Kennedy people looked to the future with hope.

When we had a president like Ronald Reagan that endorsed behind-the-scenes weapons deals and encouraged big business mergers, we got an attitude in America that, greed was good.

Now we have a president who runs to Tweeter to shout out every angry though that comes into his head...and who shows zero restraint, zero respect and lets it 'all hang out'...

Trump too helps set the moral tone, so now the angry rednecks feel it's OK to spit out their tobacco juice and start yelling at the top of the lungs how much they hate those who aren't like themselves.

Trump has empowered those closeted bigots who felt they had no voice and so held their hateful tongues. Thanks to Trump's own in-your-face behavior, he's now made it 'OK' for people to 'let it all hang out' and lash out with anger, because that's his leadership example.

I don't disagree with you Rules, about Trump. But there's a big difference between setting an example of speaking your mind (even in an uncouth fashion) and going into a mosque to randomly murder people.

Plus, what we know so far is that it SEEMS that this Canadian shooter was angry at his own country's President for saying he would not seek to enact enhanced security measures to protect his country from potential incursion by terrorists from the middle east, but would invite those who cannot be fully vetted (and the reality is that no one can be fully vetted). That may only define the killer's motivation, in no way does it defend or rationalize his actions. Of course, we still don't have all the facts.

As I said on another thread - I don't agree with the way Trump's ban was carried out, but let's remember that Obama placed much longer bans on certain Muslim dominated countries during his Presidency and so did Jimmy Carter after the Iranian hostage crisis. This isn't a new behavior for a President, just one that's more publicized in this case.