Game of Thrones Season 2

Tools    

Pyro, I've read all the books and you mentioned the end of ADWD....

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
I love Jon and I was extremely upset. But... if you compare the dire wolves to their counterparts, he has "Ghost." So what does that mean? Does he warg for a while and then return to his body after he has been healed? That assumes they don't finish the job. I would heartbroken if we had Jon all this time just to see him die like that.

I'm rather enjoying the second season but I've decided that the books are just too rich for any really great adaptation. They do rush the stories, etc., but its still a very enjoyable show.

I DID NOT like the whore scene with Joffrey though. I don't want the show to make me feel ill.

And well, I miss Sean Bean.
I'm assuming that will be the case due to the prologue chapter of ADWD. I think at this point there's a lot pointing to him being AA.

Definitely agree with the transferring of content, shame they can't just get 12 episodes as the difference that would make. It's why the Joff/whore scene was especially frustrating, i'd rather have had a Hound/Sansa scene to build up their relationship.

They will. Wasn't he mentioned just recently? (This was a big discussion over at westeros.org)
Yes, he was. I think I literally cheered as was worried he'd be cut. It looks like Dagmer has taken over from Reek this season, in terms of being the bad influence on Theon. Shame it meant Bran and Rickon got burnt instead of flayed.

Got to see some Jaime Lannister action this episode, which was nice. Each time the kid got closer and closer I kept saying to my girlfriend....he's a dead man.
Ahh, I think that's one of the reasons I really enjoyed this episode as I had him pegged a character from the book so thought exactly the opposite.

Probably the best episode this season, no new stupid stuff, nice bits from the books- "you know nothing, Jon Snow" went from an annoyingly overused catchphrase do something workable. The tangents from the books are paying off as it's got into the swing of them to keep it unpredictable enough but still stay to the books. Need some more Stannis/Davos still. Not sure about the Talisa/Jeyne thing though. And Catelyn's motivation for doing something with Jaime appears to have been delayed? Also, Cersei's being humanised a bit too much. And the new Mountain isn't cutting it, appears to civilised to be the monster he is.

I feel like in this newest episode, it shed more light on some of the characters and their relationships with others, I am very excited for the rest of the season!

I am burdened with glorious purpose
People over at westeros were complaining that Jamie did what he did for no reason; he had a reason. I'm not sure how I feel about it though as it didn't happen in the books. But given his future, maybe it will work out.

I liked the episode. I hated "You know nothing, Jon Snow" in the book. I wanted her to stop saying it so bad, I wanted her to die. Yet the actress delivered the line in a way that made the line work. I just hope she doesn't say it a million times.

Good episode!

I hope they do the deed. Lol, so much tension between them!

People over at westeros were complaining that Jamie did what he did for no reason; he had a reason. I'm not sure how I feel about it though as it didn't happen in the books. But given his future, maybe it will work out.

I liked the episode. I hated "You know nothing, Jon Snow" in the book. I wanted her to stop saying it so bad, I wanted her to die. Yet the actress delivered the line in a way that made the line work. I just hope she doesn't say it a million times.

Good episode!
It seems they're using pretty heavy strokes of characterisation, just in case you know, we forget characters are meant to bad. I'm not sure about others but I read the scene with Jaime more that he would rather be killed than be a prisoner, opposed to escaping. It kind of summarises his spur of the moment actions opposed to Tywin's tactical planning so I didn't hate it, plus he's 'a man without honour' so the kin-slaying, a nigh irredeemable action in Westeros, can kind of be allowed till his 'change of heart'. Just wonder what'll happen with Cleos or if he'll just get completely cut and Alton was a swerve ball to readers.

100% agree with 'you know nothing, Jon Snow'

Not that there was a great deal of mystery to the 'little lords' but was hoping they'd save that reveal as the final scene of the show, have them walking out the crypt and leaving Winterfell.

They seem to be amending many of the omissions from the book and giving explanations to their changes, looking at you Halfhand. Liked the episode. Catelyn Stark, Mother of the Year. Sigh. Didn't even need the news of Bran and Rickon's death as her motivation which makes her even more infuriating. Disappointed they cut the last act of Arya's story at Harrenhall out with Hot Weasel Soup but liked how they made her realise she should have named Tywin.

I kinda think what Catelyn did was smart. Only because of what was happening at the end of the episode before this. Other then that I really want to know what is happening with Arya, one of my favorites, and Jon. I really like how caring Osha is of the "Little Lords" also.

Really? Losing their key bargaining advantage, just so he doesn't die. We've not even seen her make a deal with him to do anything nor as she got the grief of losing Bran and Rickon to drive her to the situation. Nor as Robb got the sympathetic motivation for hooking up with Jeyne, in a very unwise move.

Well they didn't though. Brianne has him. Why would Katherine send Brianne with Jayme to Kings Landing if she wanted her girls back. Brianne would be killed instantly and then there is no bargaining chip whatsover. I don't think she trusts little finger even though he was the one to tell her that the girls were safe. I think she had brianne take Jayme to hide him for safekeeping. It doesn't make sense that she would risk it giving him back for the possibility of her daughters being murdered.

Why was it unwise for Robb to hook up with that chick?

A system of cells interlinked
I haven't read the books and I don't know if I want to. I usually always do but this show I haven't even thought about it. I think it's because I think the show is true art because they put so much detail into it. Do you think the books are better?

I'm actually kind of excited with the love interest with Robb because he hasn't had one and he seems like he's going to play a kind of "Prince Charming"? Which is probably why you say it seems cheesy? lol

How do you mean that Jaqen is supposed to be a ghost?

I love Arya, she is a favorite of mine, she has such a strong will and I like her relationship with The Lord Tyrant.

I didn't like at all that Osha slept with him because I've always viewed her as a strong female role and I feel like whenever women have sex in this show, they are "dehumanized" or are not shown as in bright a light. I did love how she slit that soldiers throat though!

I'm really interested in The Hound's interest in Sansa's safety. He's seemed to always have an eye on her and my opinion and in the preview for the next episode it seems that they will have a heart to heart? Any thoughts on that?

I also loved how he ripped the guys guts out that was going to rape Sansa!

I am not as big of a fan of the Kaleesi because she is too strong willed and not subtle enough about the intentions she has. I know she is supposed to be queen and all but she's very bossy and that will not get her the right attention.

I also enjoyed Rodriks death because I want to see Thions head cut off, lol.
The books are head and shoulders better in every way. I like the show, but it's pants when compared to the depth and brilliance of the books, especially Storm of Swords.

I'm really thinking about reading them but I'm such a bum with books now because, I work and go to school. I was reading the Sword of Truth, got to chapter 11 or 22 can't remember kind of "Dyslexic" anyways, I just quit reading. So I might read it this summer when I don't have school on top of work.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Why was it unwise for Robb to hook up with that chick?
in the first season, Robb made a deal with the family of Frey. The Freys gave him and his men the ability to use their bridge. In return, Robb agreed to marry a Frey.

Believe me, this is NOT a good move. I say no more.

And yes, the books are AMAZING! I think everyone should read them!

I was so excited to see Jaime and Brienne together! That is some of my favorite stuff in the books.

I am very disappointed at how they handled some of the most heart wrenching parts of A Clash of Kings -- namely, the events at Winterfell and then Caitlyn's reaction (and how Jaime sets out with Brienne.) I really think the adaptation here is bad. I should reserve judgement, though, until the end of the season and see where they go.

I do love all the Arya changes, though.

Oh well I know that but it's not like the men in this show don't do it normally though which is why I don't see it as bad although they will fall in love.

I want Jaime to fall for Brienne. I think it would be cute!

Was Arya way different in the book?

I agree. I love her story I think the most. Hers and her sister's because I want it to get interesting between her and the Hound lol.