Dennis Hopper facing his final days

Tools    

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/19...aths-door.html

DENNIS Hopper is at death’s door after his cancer spread to his bones, according to a shocking new report.

The Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now, Blue Velvet, Speed, True Romance and Hoosiers star — who was diagnosed with prostate cancer in September 2009 — is reportedly telling pals he’s ready to die now that he’s completed his final wish by finishing filming on his TV series Crash.

“Dennis has come to grips with the fact that the end is likely near,” a source told American tabloid the National Enquirer.

“He knew going into the last weeks of filming Crash that he was on borrowed time. His doctors had told him they were no longer able to contain the disease, and his condition had severely worsened.

“Dennis missed three days on the set due to dehydration, but then he came back, got back on his mark and faced the camera. Really, it was some of the best acting he’s ever done.”

Dennis has also managed to finish editing a 546-page book of photographs taken by him, said another source.

“Dennis calls the book his legacy, and he’s glad to see it completed,” confided the insider.

“He knows the end is near, but he’s still the consummate professional that he’s always been. Dennis has gotten his affairs in order and said his goodbyes.”

Sad news... I hope he's able to spend what ever time he has left relatively pain free...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

No way! Not the Hopster!

He may have turned into a boring old guy actor recently...But at his height he was a powerhouse! Funny, scary, crazy, tragic...all portrayed in one sentence sometimes.

A great shame. We will always have our **** though Frank.

A system of cells interlinked
Of course, I have tremendous respect for Dennis Hopper, and I wish him the best in this difficult time of his life, but...The National Enquirer?

This is a joke tabloid that predicts the end of the world every day, and posts pictures of fake aliens, frog boys, and other fabricated fictional news stories. Do we have a real source for this at all?

Of course, I have tremendous respect for Dennis Hopper, and I wish him the best in this difficult time of his life, but...The National Enquirer?

This is a joke tabloid that predicts the end of the world every day, and posts pictures of fake aliens, frog boys, and other fabricated fictional news stories. Do we have a real source for this at all?
Not that I automatically believe anything reported in The National Enquirer, and I definitely treat everything there with heaping helpings of skepticism, but in recent years they have broken a couple big stories, including the John Edwards mistress/lovechild/etc. It's The Weekly World News and others that do the over-the-top aliens and such. The National Enquirer is about celebrity affairs and snapping untouched photos of them in their bathing suits. Pay closer attention at the checkout stand next time before you sully the good name of The National Enquirer.

But obviously for anything they report, I'd definitely look for additional sources from more reputable outlets. You know, places like "Entertainment Tonight" and "Extra" and "E! News Daily".
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Weekly World News is no longer in existence (I was in that magazine a couple of times, NO JOKE.)

Sad to hear about Dennis Hopper. Great actor.

"I should have been dead ten times over. I`ve thought about that a lot. I believe in miracles. It`s an absolute miracle that I`m still around"

Luv you man, you are certainly an inspiration.

Apparently Hopper is in pretty bad shape... but is trying to divorce his wife before he dies... Reportedly to cut her out of the will... Not sure about the state laws in California but if he's been heavily medicated, he may be just spinning his wheels, so to speak...

Apparently Hopper is in pretty bad shape... but is trying to divorce his wife before he dies... Reportedly to cut her out of the will... Not sure about the state laws in California but if he's been heavily medicated, he may be just spinning his wheels, so to speak...
As an old veteran of the process, I can assure you divorce is not for the weak or unwell. I suspect Hopper is not as bad off as some are painting him. I understand he has prostate cancer, which is usually treatable if detected in time. Guys 30 or older who don't get a regular checkup for that disease are just being foolish.

I understand he has prostate cancer, which is usually treatable if detected in time. Guys 30 or older who don't get a regular checkup for that disease are just being foolish.
Plus, it's fun.

But anyways, there's no telling what's going on in Dennis Hopper's life regarding his relationship with his wife of many years. Maybe she does deserve a divorce from Hopper so that she won't get any money -- but maybe she doesn't. Maybe she has been a total betch.

It sounds awful to divorce someone before you die, and if it was me getting the ax, I'd kill my husband before the disease got him.

At least if she's mad as hell, there's one bright side for her -- he's dying.

Poor thing, though. I loved him in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.

LEFTY, NOOOOOOOO!

John Ford rocks!!!
I hope that its not his final days. That would be sad. I'm a fan. A great actor and fantastic photographer. I do hope he IS working on a 500+ page book of photographs. That would rock! I hope this living legend is doing well.