Nosferatu
Memento
Blood Simple
Donnie Darko
Reservoir Dogs
Night of the Living Dead
The Usual Suspects

All work for me.

Malkovich? Malkovich! Malkovich? Malkovich.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

good call on nosferatu

John Ford rocks!!!
Thanks for telling me about the Go-Getters. I'll be sure to check it out + any others mentioned here. Anymore ideas for movies we all might have missed?

Nosferatu, Donnie Darko, Clerks

Some great suggestions in this thread. I kinda want to check out The Go-Getter, now.

Dead Man, Dancer in the Dark

Gwan son! Top films mentioned there that I would agree with and rank as my own favourite arty flicks.

A system of cells interlinked
Just watched this again last night:

Gwan son! Top films mentioned there that I would agree with and rank as my own favourite arty flicks.
Cheers mate. They're not the best films ever made, but they've got that 'something' that elevates above the sum of their parts. Apart from Haute Tension that is, I'm still not sold on that, but many others like it so I threw it in there.

Some Japan/HK films and I make no apologies for the Woo bias.