New round here

Tools    

Hello everyone,

had a bit of trouble finding the introductions thread while it was right under my nose >.<. Anyway, I came here in search of a forum that would provide me with a community that's a little bit more mature when it comes to replies/threads than iMDB, where every thread sooner or later falls into the deep dark abyss of spam/disrespect/close-mindedness etc etc. In the short view i took of this forum it seemed a much more likeable place and i guess i'm about to find out in the coming days .

About me, I'm a 21-year guy from Holland/the Netherlands. I study English and beside that I enjoy my occasional movie and can't go a day without music. I'm pretty much addicted to my PC, games especially, World of Warcraft especially , however i do still remember how to order a beer in a bar, so i'm not fully depraved of social awareness/activity.

Alright, that's all for now, let the spamfest begin !

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Welcome, Unas.
I think you'll find only the old people are very immature here. The mods are sharp as tacks, so if you want Spam in your diet, you may have to get it from cans.

What are your favorite films? Favorite bands?
I was suprised to read you're not a native English speaker. How long have you been studying?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Welcome to MoFo!

It's nice to have some orange around here.

Every Dutch person I've known speaks terrific English, Cind, and I've known a fair few...

I'm almost done with my first year of English now, only a few exams before summer holidays . In Holland you get taught English at early age, from about your 12th or so. Also we use subtitles instead of voice-overs for just about all english media, so that helps getting people a feeling for english as well.

Favorite music:
pretty much anything that manages to interest/enjoy me, so pretty broad range of bands/genres. Main genres would be, Metal, Drum and Bass, (old) Rock (Deep Purple, Jimi, Doors etc), recently discovered Jazz. But it's certainly not limited to that

Favorite movie(s):
i always find it hard to choose a couple of favorites: Donnie Darko, Ginger Snaps (1+2 , 3 sucks), Alien(s), Se7en, Lock Stock ... , (Malcolm) X, Fight Club, Nemesis Game and a whole lot more

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Welcome!

Welcome to the forum buddy ! I'm new here aswell.

welcome buddy