Arrested Development....Is Back?

Tools    

It’s official: The Bluths are coming back.

Netflix, in partnership with 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television, will revive the critically acclaimed show, streaming new episodes to members starting in early 2013.

“Arrested Development is one of the finest American comedies in TV history and its return through Netflix is a perfect example of how we are working closely with studios and networks to provide consumers with entertainment they love,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos in a statement.

The Emmy Award-winning sitcom was canceled in 2006.

“After a long hiatus, I’m dying to finally get back to the narrator’s microphone,” said executive producer Ron Howard. “It’s Arrested…Development.”

[tdw]

Wow, so they are actually using Netflix to distribute. Hell. Yes. I feel like this move just gives them tons of space to be creative! Awesome news!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Netflix Reveals "Arrested" Plans

April 18th 2012

Various TV shows, serialised dramas especially, prove far more engaging and interesting if watched in marathon sessions with an entire season of episodes watched over a few days. Thanks to disc box sets and streaming services like Netflix, this is a very easy option and the way quite a few people consume many of their shows these days.
Netflix understands this which is one reason why it released all eight episodes of its first original series, the Norway-set "Lilyhammer", all at once rather than dolling out an episode each week over time. The approach worked enough that it looks like they'll be adopting it for one of their more high profile upcoming productions - the revival of the cancelled Fox comedy "Arrested Development".
Netflix chief Ted Sarandos told reporters at National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas (via EW) that they plan to release all ten episodes of the show's new fourth season at once on an as yet to be determined date sometime next year.
The show's creator Mitch Hurwitz also revealed that initially each episode of the season was to center around around a different character, but the scripts are now more closely resembling the old show. The talk of an 'Arrested' movie didn't come up, but Hurwitz says he wouldn’t mind continuing the show on Netflix.

Yup, final nail in the coffin for anyone who's been burned by the rumors and was still skeptical this would happen. It's totally happening. Happy happy, joy joy.

Lucille: I will have the Ike and Tina Tuna

Waitress: Plate of platter?

Lucille: I don't understand your question and I won't respond to it.

-----------

Lucille to the cleaning lady: Loose! That coat cost more than your house.

* Michael looks dissapprovingly*

Lucille: Oh, it's just a joke. She doesn't even have a house.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Steve Holt: "I'll never forget this, Dad!"

(Gob takes a Forget-Me-Now)

Gob: "I will. I will."