Where the Wild Things Are

Tools    

Plot

An adaptation of Maurice Sendak's classic children's story, where Max, a disobedient little boy sent to bed without his supper, creates his own world--a forest inhabited by ferocious wild creatures that crown Max as their ruler.

Cast

Forest Whitaker
Catherine Keener
James Gandolfini
Catherine O'Hara
Paul Dano
Lauren Ambrose
Michael Berry Jr.
Steve Mouzakis
Tom Noonan
Max Records

Theaters: October 16, 2009

Well, when it comes down to it, where the wild things are as a MOVIE looks pretty good. i mean sure its been a timeless classic childrens book, but a movie would surely draw their attention. To me, a movie where little kids are looking forward to seeing it (especially where the wild things are) is a nice thought. because when they leave their theater (if theyre not a million decibel baby when the credits roll on), then definitely if they are old enough to remember it in about a month of two (like babies cant), then I would call that a childhood memory to cherish and hold onto.

as in where the WildThings are would be one of their favorite books (if not favorite) and they watch the movie the day it comes out. imagine how much fun they would have and they would have a memory to hold onto with their parents.

Registered Creature
I can't wait for it.

Spike Jonze from Jackass is directing it.

The last thing we need is our children to know about Spike Jonze.

Just joking.........
But seriously, what an awful idea - That's like getting the director of American Pie to direct Cinderella.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
We're on the verge of losing a movie. Spike Jonze's version of Where the Wild Things Are is a film with an uncertain future as executives behind the scenes at Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures are right now trying to figure out whether or not to essentially reshoot the entire film. -CHUD

Not good.

Apparently the film is too weird and 'too scary,' and the character of Max is being seen as not likable
Sounds like a faithful adaptation to me.

What happened to all the posts with the images in here?
Here's all I found:

Also found this (and saved to my computer, just in case)

Actual footage, as in walking and talking Wild Things