User Tagging

Tools    

I have only been fooled by it once my whole time here so it has never bothered me. That's probably because of my name though. Almost everyone refers to me as sean, so seanc sticks out like a sore thumb.
I've only been fooled by it once to, by Moviegal actually. That's not what bothers me it's just seeing something mildly amusing when used in moderation being beaten into the ground. Seems to happen once every couple of months too so it gets more eyerolling the longer i'm here.

The fact that I find it both devilishly fun and annoying/want it gone should really concern you.

I think everyone's gonna eventually really hate this and demand it goes away completely.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think everyone's gonna eventually really hate this and demand it goes away completely.
Not if we can irritate the crap out of you @Sexy Celebrity

I will be very surprised if this is the case, particularly since they'll be able to opt-out. But time will tell.

Also, in case it wasn't obvious, if people keep tagging others for literally no reason, we'll obviously insist they stop. Everyone's sort of playing around with the feature now, and that's useful for finding any bugs or limitations in the system, but the totally arbitrary tagging isn't going to go on forever, regardless.

Right now they're being fake nice to you because it's new and you made it. Eventually, their inhibitions will fade away and they'll speak the truth about this thing.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Right now they're being fake nice to you because it's new and you made it. Eventually, their inhibitions will fade away and they'll speak the truth about this thing.
I have to go to the shops. back soooon to annoy you some more @Sexy Celebrity

People had no problem telling me they weren't sure Clubs were going to be useful. And the utility is obvious: before, you had no idea when someone replied to you in a thread, and now you do. It'd be kind of bizarre if people didn't find that useful.

This is just great, @Yoda. The trolls over at IMDB - @Dani8 - have a new torture toy.

People tagged this way at times without the notifications. Many times I want to respond to a long post but don't want to quote it. Stap being so @Sexy Celebrity about everything.

People had no problem telling me they weren't sure Clubs were going to be useful. And the utility is obvious: before, you had no idea when someone replied to you in a thread, and now you do. It'd be kind of bizarre if people didn't find that useful.
I don't like it. I was okay without it for 15 years. I honestly think it's pointless. I think all of this stuff is cluttering up the forum. You used to be against having too much clutter around. Now you're throwing it around everywhere like confetti.

I better not lose my power to summon @Miss Vicky into any conversation whether she has anything to do with it or not.

Seriously though i am liking this. Not really for me being mentioned because i'm pretty fast around the site like @Sexy Celebrity so i don't miss much if i'm here but for making sure people knew i was talking to them. On a few occasions an interesting discussion has died and i've not wanted to draw attention to it because i'm not sure if the person saw my reply and decided to not respond or if they missed it.

This is all because they elected @Miss Vicky for President.

If I was President, none of this madness would be happening.