doesn't look so bad

ahhhhh!!!, broken link!!!!

new Michael

young Michael

new Michael

young Michael

gah!!! more broken links!!!!

good to see you though Taxi Driver

If you have read the interview I posted here, you would understand his true feelings and plans on his Halloween. Zombie himself, as you have said, has true respect for the film.
he also had these types of feelings, motivations and aspirations for his 1970's exploitation and slasher films inspired 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects but the only audience who praised these were bandwagon teens who have never seen The Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Hills Have Eyes unless they were the 2003 and 2006 versions...and if it weren't for performances by the valuable veteran Syd Haig or extraordinary William Forsythe, these films would be useless, unless to shimmy a leg on an unleveled coffee table

Horrorphiliac

GREAT NEWS! Im glad theyre doing a "REMAKE". Im glad to be seeing some more of his childhood and how he became the way he is.

Looks like a hell of a cast there too, great! Cant wait

These are what he meant.....

Young Michael

Young Michael looks like a little girl. No wonder he turned out to be some monster. All those sissy jokes the poor little bas*ard.

Disappointed about this, it won't be the same without Donald Pleasance. Wish they would tie up lose ends from H20 and HR instead of doing a prequel.

Halloween's never been a series that has been great at tieing up loose ends, and I doubt we will be seeing the H20 and resurrection story continued. Im excited to see how this one turns out and I think its more a remake that a prequel because its gonna be re telling the story from the first just with more backstory

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I dunno. I can't really stand modern horror films. They're more interested in being gross rather than scary. I'll stick to the original.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

My radar tells me that this one is going to be good. I tend to dislike Zombie's 'style over substance' methodologies, but you have to admit that between House of 1000 corpses and Devil's Rejects he got better.

IMO, the reason why Michael is so scary is because we really have no idea why he is the way he is. This makes him mysterious and just downright scary. Making a prequel to explain why he is just doesn't seem right.

Yeah I've thought that too. He's obviously supernatural though. If they go with the Thorn story line as a means of explanation it might work out. If he (Zombie) tries to ignore the supernatural element all together and just tries to frame Michael as an average psycho in a mask it may kill something for me.

Yeah but the thorn story is irrelevant basically because he wasn't under the curse as we saw at the end of H6.

But the mythos of that storyline is that Michael was originally cursed by his babysitter (Mrs Blankenship) who lived down the street. According to the novelization of the storyline, Mrs. Blankenship told Michael stories of her cult, their beliefs and eventually put the curse of thorn (which made him immortal) on him. This is what caused him to go home from her house and kill his sister in 1963.

That's the part of the story I was referring to.

but you have to admit that between House of 1000 corpses and Devil's Rejects he got better.
What did you like about The Devil's Rejects Sir Toose? I hated the ending.

What did you like about The Devil's Rejects Sir Toose? I hated the ending.
I thought that the characters were a bit less cartoonish and perhaps even a bit less stereotypical in Devil's Rejects than they were in the previous film. Obviously neither film is realistic and the acting is somewhat less than inspired. To me that leaves content/style/delivery. Rejects is just off the wall enough to be fun to watch. I really liked Forsythe's performance and his character. Danny Trejo is always fun to watch as well and there were some great lines spread out all through the film.

How would you have ended it? Surely not with the possibility of another sequel?

Also, I like Zombie's choices in music. I had not heard Terry Reid since I was but a wee lad in the early 70's. Also, The Allman Bros are one of my favorite bands even if Midnight Rider is becoming cliche as a movie song.

Danny Trejo is always fun to watch as well and there were some great lines spread out all through the film.
Yeah he's going to be in this years Halloween so that will be cool. I like him too actually. He's the kind of actor you say.."where did I see him before? Which movie was it?"... but you know whatever it was, he was some kind of baddass, good or bad. I enjoyed him in Con Air and From Dusk to Dawn as well.

How would you have ended it? Surely not with the possibility of another sequel?
WARNING: "The Devil's Rejects" spoilers below
I wanted the Sheriff to have his revenge on the savages lol. I grew to hate their characters in that movie. A bunch of inbred hicks. I was disapointed to see them live then die in a blaze of glory if in fact they died. Can't see how they lived through that hail of bullets. I just didnt see the point in having them get out of their first inevitable death to arise and fall again.

Also, I like Zombie's choices in music. I had not heard Terry Reid since I was but a wee lad in the early 70's. Also, The Allman Bros are one of my favorite bands even if Midnight Rider is becoming cliche as a movie song.
Yeah that's one thing I 'Always' have a problem with. Paying attention to the music score in all the movies I see.