The Future of the Special Hof, a group decision.

Tools    

What special HoF should run next?
5.26%
1 votes
Run Musical HoF now
78.95%
15 votes
Run Sci-Fi HoF now
15.79%
3 votes
Run a different HoF now
19 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Can we do another horror HoF soon? Maybe alongside the musical HoF, so gb and whatnot has something to do?

Can we do another horror HoF soon? Maybe alongside the musical HoF, so gb and whatnot has something to do?
Swan that might be a good idea Because many people who like horror won't be interested in a Musial Hof, so theoretically they should be able to run at the same time as they really won't compete for participants. At least not much.

I think the key is getting a special Hof up and running before the whole special Hof idea dies.

I'd love to see Destiny participate in - maybe even run - the next Horror HoF.

Destiny, it's too bad you missed the Horror Hof. But given that horror is a popular genre here (do I dare say genre?)
Yes, do!

another Horror Hof will run someday. And at some point the Creature Feature will run too and that would seem like a prime place to nominate Jaws ( I love that movie and it scared me as a kid!)
Yep, I would probably have more fun with the Creature Feature Hall of Fame. There's a lot of crap in horror, that I know would be nominated. I love the 80's and such, but I am a classic horror fan, and as far as I'm concerned, those two types of horror do not belong in the same fame.

Swan that might be a good idea Because many people who like horror won't be interested in a Musial Hof, so theoretically they should be able to run at the same time as they really won't compete for participants. At least not much.
I love pretty much every genre. I love musicals.

I'd love to see Destiny participate in - maybe even run - the next Horror HoF.
You're a sweet kid, you know that? Now, if you had any idea how many things I used to run around here . . . I made tough games (Tough to make and play.), I made all requested GIF avatars straight from the movie scene, I made and still make the grills, minus a very few (Yoda's is next.), and I ran the Top 100 MoFo Horror Movies. I think I'm too old and tired to run things now. I may join in, though.

So would Friendly Mushroom (he's a BIG fan of Hitchcock)
I freaking love Hitchcock!!!!!!!

Let the night air cool you off
You know, themed rounds don't necessarily have to be limited to certain genres. We could do ones based on time of release, ones with Nazis in it, "Wacky Westerns" is one that I want to do (i.e. basically any western movie that isn't a traditional western. Think The Good, the Bad, the Weird or Blazing Saddles or Lemonade Joe,) I don't know, just snowballing dumb ideas that I think would be fun enough. Zombie hall of fame. Or Vampire hall of fame. World War II hall of fame (fits with the Nazis though,) Animation, more specifically Anime. Surrealist hall of fame would be baller. Let's get creative MoFos.

Banned Movies Hall of Fame.

Like Godoggo's "Banned Bands Song Tournament."

You could ban certain movies, all the movies made by a certain director, all movies starring someone specific, etc. etc.

You could ban genres, years of release.......

Banned Movies Hall of Fame.

Like Godoggo's "Banned Bands Song Tournament."

You could ban certain movies, all the movies made by a certain director, all movies starring someone specific, etc. etc.

You could ban genres, years of release.......
This is actually a good idea, I like it.

I also think we should maybe cut down on the number of people in a single hall of fame. Instead of having 16 people in round, why not separate it into two groups with two separate winners? I don't know, maybe we could call it Hall of Fame #7 Group A and " " Group B or something.

Then it's Sci Fi. Citizen Rules should run it then!
Thanks Guap. But I REALLY think everybody should get a chance to run a HoF. I already had my chance on the Noir Hof, so it's someone else's turn now. (Someday I would like to run another one.)

You had put some effort into the Sci-Fi Hof, so if the voting goes that way (and it looks like it will) then you should run it (unless you don't want to.) So do you want to run it Guap?

If the Sci-Fi wins and Guap doesn't want to run it then we need some volunteers. I like to see some new people get a chance. If there's several volunteers we can have a run off poll.

You know, themed rounds don't necessarily have to be limited to certain genres. We could do ones based on time of release, ones with Nazis in it, "Wacky Westerns" is one that I want to do (i.e. basically any western movie that isn't a traditional western. Think The Good, the Bad, the Weird or Blazing Saddles or Lemonade Joe,) I don't know, just snowballing dumb ideas that I think would be fun enough. Zombie hall of fame. Or Vampire hall of fame. World War II hall of fame (fits with the Nazis though,) Animation, more specifically Anime. Surrealist hall of fame would be baller. Let's get creative MoFos.
Slasher hall of fame!

Slasher hall of fame!
I'll run a slasher hall of fame right now if we can get 6-8 more people down. You guys can run whatever hall of fame you want side-by-side with this one if you'd like. I don't think we should really be forced to wait for a bunch of other hall of fames to start and finish before we get to do some hall of fames that might be best for a spur of the moment type binging. I don't think we should have a bunch of HoFs running at the same time with a bunch of people overlapping, and I don't think each HoF should have a bagillion films in it, but I am sure there is way to compromise.

I know of a couple of great documentaries, that I would consider nominating. Christine had said she was real interested in the Doc Hof.
I love a good documentary, and would like a HoF sometime in the future after the musical and sci fi maybe?

I do like JJ's idea of cutting down the numbers in the groups.