Looking for an old adventure film I saw as a kid

Tools    

I can barely remember it. I think it was from the 80's or 70's. I watched it in the 90's, most definitely before 1995. I don't remember much but it gave me that Indiana Jones vibe. A group of adventurers were exploring some ancient ruin (or something along those lines) in the jungle (I think). People got killed off one by one due to traps. I'm not sure if there were any monsters or anything like that. I've spent time over the years browsing lists of adventure movies and checking them out, and I haven't been able to find it yet. I thought I'd just post it here to see if there are any ideas. It's a bit of a long shot.

I remember some sort of statue (like a small Aztec statue) that someone uncovers by brushing away vines and leaves, and I think it's booby trapped and kills someone. I also remember them walking in single file along a stony (rampart?) and I think part of it collapses killing or trapping at least one person.

The adventurers are led by a man, probably in his 30's, and I think he had blonde hair but I'm not sure. I think he also had a love interest along with him.

That's all I can remember.

I can barely remember it. I think it was from the 80's or 70's. I watched it in the 90's, most definitely before 1995. I don't remember much but it gave me that Indiana Jones vibe. A group of adventurers were exploring some ancient ruin (or something along those lines) in the jungle (I think). People got killed off one by one due to traps. I'm not sure if there were any monsters or anything like that. I've spent time over the years browsing lists of adventure movies and checking them out, and I haven't been able to find it yet. I thought I'd just post it here to see if there are any ideas. It's a bit of a long shot.

I remember some sort of statue (like a small Aztec statue) that someone uncovers by brushing away vines and leaves, and I think it's booby trapped and kills someone. I also remember them walking in single file along a stony (rampart?) and I think part of it collapses killing or trapping at least one person.

The adventurers are led by a man, probably in his 30's, and I think he had blonde hair but I'm not sure. I think he also had a love interest along with him.

That's all I can remember.
Isn't there one like that with Casper van Dien?

Actually I should throw in the obvious rip-offs of the time, the Allan Quatermain films with Richard Chamberlain.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
^^ It really does sound like Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold, there is a scene where a guy finds a golden statue head thingy I think and he tried to take the jewels out and the ground opens up and some people fall in and Sharron Stone is the love interest, yay.

It starts at 3:30 in the review of the movie.

It is a rip off definitely but I personally love this movie.

^^ It really does sound like Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold, there is a scene where a guy finds a golden statue head thingy I think and he tried to take the jewels out and the ground opens up and some people fall in and Sharron Stone is the love interest, yay.

Oh I enjoyed them at the time – Richard Chamberlain was a good Count of Monte Cristo as well.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

I might have to see that for Sharon Stone alone.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I can't remember them very well, but there were two movies in the 80s called Romancing the Stone (1984) and Jewel of the Nile (1985).

It sounds like The Lost City of Gold is probably it, but I can't be certain and it's so hokey that I don't actually want to watch it.

It sounds like The Lost City of Gold is probably it, but I can't be certain and it's so hokey that I don't actually want to watch it.
I'm sure it's a guilty pleasure for someone . Sometimes a guilty pleasure is all you've got instead of a proper version of a classic .