Johnny Depp for the Joker?

Tools    

Johnny as the Joker? He would do a fine job , I'm sure, but he isn't going to be the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie. Here are 4 people from the Warner Bros. short list for the Joker role:

Robin Williams - He was really disappointed at not getting the Riddler role and I think Warners would like to make amends for that.

Brad Pitt - He isn't too big to share the billing with Bale, He can do "quirky, off-the-wall" characters (see "12 Monkeys" or "Fight Club") and he now has a family to feed (see sweet-a** wife Angelina) and I'm sure he's been told that franchises pay REALLY well (see sweet-a** wife again in Tomb Raider movies).

Guy Pearce - He has the range to pull off the Joker role and has worked with Nolan before, and he wouldn't cost the studio more than 2 million to do it (Johnny would be getting somewhere in the 10 - 15 million range).

and finally....

Jack Black. yup, "Nacho Libre" himself. He has the "smile", the mannerisms, etc... to be a great Joker. It's too bad he isn't taller...

Please don't be Brad Pitt please don't be Brad Pitt please don't be Brad Pitt. Okay now that i got that out, I would like to see Jack Black as the joker, and Robin Williams would be good, too. I don't know about Guy Pearce, but I really don't want Brad Pitt.
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

-
Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

from what i read so far i think Crispin Glover is the best choice.He has that devil-ish look that makes you fear him

Warner Bros was considering Alan Cumming for the role and i think he would do great

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by Equilibrium
I'm pretty sure johnny depp would be an awesome joker..

what about jim carrey as the joker? he did the riddler pretty well.
He did? He's a terrible actor. He can only really play one part: Jim Carrey. In Batman Forever, he wasn't the Riddler. He was "Jim Carrey as the Riddler." In The Truman Show (which is a decent film), he played "zany Jim Carrey as that bland guy in a studio."

I think the only movie to escape this curse was Man in the Moon, if only because it was a biopic. I'm not saying I dislike the films in which he's acted; just I don't really think he's up to the level of sophistication required by a Nolan film.

[quote=Piledriver]Johnny as the Joker? He would do a fine job , I'm sure, but he isn't going to be the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie.

Look little Ms or Mr thang Johnny Depp would do a great job being the joker and a hell of a lot better job than any of those other socalled actors. no thank you and goodbye

[quote=kjosmiles22]
Originally Posted by Piledriver
Johnny as the Joker? He would do a fine job , I'm sure, but he isn't going to be the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie.

Look little Ms or Mr thang Johnny Depp would do a great job being the joker and a hell of a lot better job than any of those other socalled actors. no thank you and goodbye
Hey you, don't you get mad with our Piledriver not good for a first post

[quote=nebbit]
Originally Posted by kjosmiles22

Hey you, don't you get mad with our Piledriver not good for a first post
thanks nebbs ... would seem kjosmiles22 is a BIG Johnny fan and doesn't take no for an answer

A system of cells interlinked
[quote=kjosmiles22]
Originally Posted by Piledriver
Johnny as the Joker? He would do a fine job , I'm sure, but he isn't going to be the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie.

Well, except that he isn't up for the part, ok captain crankypants? Pile was listing the people who are indeed up for the part. He didn;t say Depp would be bad at it, now did he? Quite the opposite. Did someone wake up on the wrong side of thier park bench this morning?

Originally Posted by KnicksRIP
He did? He's a terrible actor. He can only really play one part: Jim Carrey. In Batman Forever, he wasn't the Riddler. He was "Jim Carrey as the Riddler." In The Truman Show (which is a decent film), he played "zany Jim Carrey as that bland guy in a studio."

I think the only movie to escape this curse was Man in the Moon, if only because it was a biopic. I'm not saying I dislike the films in which he's acted; just I don't really think he's up to the level of sophistication required by a Nolan film.
oh come on hes not a terrible actor u must not have seen all his movies so ur used to seeing him playing the same character over and over

he was great in Majestic Man on the Moon
but he was exceptional in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind that movie truly shows that he can really act

Please Turn Off Your Cell Phones
Coming Soon.net:
Source: Yurka
July 20, 2006

They scooped everyone on the casting of Brandon Routh in Superman Returns, and now Latino Review says The Joker has been cast in the Batman Begins sequel:

We were first to tell the world that Brandon Routh was going to be the new Superman. Now here we are at it again as we just got word from A VERY TRUSTED SOURCE that the offer last night was officially made to Heath Ledger to star as The Joker in the Batman Begins Sequel!

ya i read that too

now i'm still hoping this is some sort of joke

i mean come on Heath Ledger for joker thats just too funny

lol lol lol

Please Turn Off Your Cell Phones
call me crazy but i think heath can pull it off

not saying hes bad of an actor but hes just not Joker material

i mean ur either the Joker or ur not

and hes definitly not the Joker

Lord of the Idiots!
I think its a good casting, he can do that freakishly large grin.

But for real, I have faith in him, same as I did with Christian Bale. There was not a casting I didnt like in Batman Begins, so i'm going with Nolan on this one. He even made katie holmes tolerable. I wont give you the "hes a great actor" shpeil, but, I am with those who believe we will see ledger like we have never seen him before.

But this is also from the guy who is psyched to see what topher grace does with eddy brock. I think thats a great move.

Lost in never never land
Heath Ledger could play the Joker, but I definitely don't see him as the best person to play that role. I think that he could do a decent job of it, but I think that if a villian isn't played correctly, the movies can flop and die very quickly.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

www.forumninja.com
No one knows if that rumor is true, and even if it is, it doesn't say that he accepted the role.

If it is true, and he does accept, I'd be interested to see his interpretation.

lets hope he turns it down

A system of cells interlinked
Looks like it was true...

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Batman is heading into a sequel, titled "The Dark Knight," and he will face off against the Joker, this time played by Heath Ledger.

CNN.com story