MoFo Fantasy Baseball '11 - The Trade Thread

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Recently aquired #2 rated fantasy Starting Pitcher is on the block.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I seriously almost thought about one of those offers (HanRam, some bum, and Cahill for Holliday, Hamels, and Rasmus.) But that's honestly too much to give up on my spectrum. Replace the bum with someone worthy and possibly.

Got myself a deal with 7th; Chad Billingsley and Sergio Santos for Tommy Hanson. As I said to Dionne, I made the offer because I noticed he needed saves, and Santos seems to have locked the Chicago job down. I paused more than once because Santos hasn't given up an earned run all year -- in the regular season OR spring training -- which is pretty sick. Wouldn't shock me if he's regarded as one of the top guys by season's end. But I could afford to lose a closer, and saves are always a game of dice to some degree, so it made sense. Hope he kills for you, Dionne.

I seriously almost thought about one of those offers (HanRam, some bum, and Cahill for Holliday, Hamels, and Rasmus.) But that's honestly too much to give up on my spectrum. Replace the bum with someone worthy and possibly.
The offer was Ramirez/Cahill for Holliday/Hamels/Rasmus? Man, you guys ain't fooling around with these offers, huh?

In a 10-team league I'd have jumped all over that (the Ramirez/Cahill side), but in a 14-team league it's admittedly a lot more complicated, with the

Huff kicked ass for me last season.

Got myself a deal with 7th; Chad Billingsley and Sergio Santos for Tommy Hanson.
Hanson is a beast, problem - he has no backup. He will get losses for 1 to 0 games - watch n see.

Heh, I hope not. With the other stats, obviously I'll take it either way, but that's something to keep an eye on. Would love to see how many wins he could notch on a top offense.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Not like Rasmus is a bum either. I'm just trying to get some value in trading an OF for a pitcher, be it starter or relief. I'm willing to part with any of them, but Holliday especially is going to need top notch in return.

The scary thing is, I REALLY wanted Haren but now he's been traded twice. How about a 3rd time?

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Well i didnt call him a bum now did i.

and you didnt make an overture for haren while i had him so can't really complain about that.

Yeah, I wanted Haren for awhile, too, and made a couple of offers weeks ago but I think Tongs was still loathe to trade at the time. I think everyone wants Haren because the assumption is generally that he's better than most owners give him credit for, but obviously that secret's out at this point, so it'd probably be hard to get a deal on him.

LOL @ rauldc14 having wanted Haren very badly. Too bad I never got that message

Alright Yoda I want Eric Hosmer. We havent traded yet and we always trade every season so maybe this is the one.

You're not the only one on Hosmer, to be sure. Dude's one heckuva talent, and he's enough of an all-around athlete that he's even a speed threat. Maybe we'll be able to work something out.

Spud just said something about it, too. I think he might have seen him play in Omaha or something, from the sound of things.

Anyway, I sent you an offer, Dustin.

A system of cells interlinked
Anyone have a bum-ass catcher? The guy just really crappin all over your team?

I am putting C Alex Avila up on the block, who is the league leader in both HR and RBI, with 6 and 23, respectively.

My pitching is pretty rough, so that is what I would be looking for.