Obama's Failures

Tools    

Semper Fooey
Yes, and that exactly is what Romney and his adviser has done recently, elect Romney and terrorism will stop because Romney will be perceived to be such a tough ass. That is pretty much what an adviser said recently and Romney remarks have reflected the same attitude. Part of what Obama has said is true. America is better respected by the world now a less antagonistic, America first policy has been implemented. But the terrorists hate America no matter who is in power, and no matter who is president, they will try to strike. They are not afraid of Obama and they don't respect him either, and Romney they won't be afraid of either and will have no respect for.

There is an interview Romney gave that is typical Romney, criticizing the President's policy in the Middle East, but basically saying he wouldn't do anything different except maybe talk tougher.

That is Romney on almost everything. I'll be better, don't ask me how.

But most of his advisers are neocons, many of whom worked for Bush who were itching to get into Iraq from day one. Many of them have advocated commiting troops for invasions in the Middle East. I doubt Romney would do that because I think he is all talk, unlike Bush, and instinctively cautious. But if he listens to some of his people, and it includes a certifiable loony who claims the Muslim Brotherhood has inflitrated the White House, we elect him and we can look forward to more unnecessary costly wars that could only be paid for by eliminating the safety net for everyone, like that pesky entitlement dependent 47 percent.

Yes, and that exactly is what Romney and his adviser has done recently, elect Romney and terrorism will stop because Romney will be perceived to be such a tough ass. That is pretty much what an adviser said recently and Romney remarks have reflected the same attitude. Part of what Obama has said is true. America is better respected by the world now a less antagonistic, America first policy has been implemented. But the terrorists hate America no matter who is in power, and no matter who is president, they will try to strike. They are not afraid of Obama and they don't respect him either, and Romney they won't be afraid of either and will have no respect for.

There is an interview Romney gave that is typical Romney, criticizing the President's policy in the Middle East, but basically saying he wouldn't do anything different except maybe talk tougher.

That is Romney on almost everything. I'll be better, don't ask me how.

But most of his advisers are neocons, many of whom worked for Bush who were itching to get into Iraq from day one. Many of them have advocated commiting troops for invasions in the Middle East. I doubt Romney would do that because I think he is all talk, unlike Bush, and instinctively cautious. But if he listens to some of his people, and it includes a certifiable loony who claims the Muslim Brotherhood has inflitrated the White House, we elect him and we can look forward to more unnecessary costly wars that could only be paid for by eliminating the safety net for everyone, like that pesky entitlement dependent 47 percent.
Look, the issue here is not Romney, it's Obama.
I'm not a big Romney fan, matter of fact I think there is something robotic about him. I just know that I don't want what Obama allready showed us and I feel it will be more of the same if he is re-elected, if not worse, and I'm willing to give Romney a chance to do better.

Semper Fooey
I'm talking about the failures of Fast & Furious in reality, as a policy that has consequences. You do understand that there's an objective reality where things happen and have meaning and significance even when they don't change the results of elections, right? You know Brian Terry is dead, and doesn't magically spring back to life if Obama wins, right? Because if you know these things, then responses like the above are inexplicable.
Things go wrong sometimess. Mistakes happen.

So all the things that have gone wrong are an argument to elect Romney?

A system of cells interlinked
A lot of the stiff in this thread comes from conservative media, not mainstream.
Man, I just can't stop laughing at this one.

America is better respected by the world now a less antagonistic, America first policy has been implemented.
Yes, and we all live in Tinkley Winkley Land with the Happy Little Elves.

We are better respected around the world? You watch way, way too much "mainstream" news.

Semper Fooey
Like what?

Like what?

Like what?

Do you come from an alternate dimension where you can just say things are false, and just keep saying that without ever explaining why no matter how many times you're asked? And in this alternate dimension, is Harry Reid President?
Because none of your specific charges other than the program failed are facts. They are certainly alternate universe becaues if some of your non facts were true people would be in jail and president would be impeached.

Semper Fooey
Washington Examiner is real mainstream, a paper that only publishes conservative commentators and has a specific editorial policy to do that.

Washington Examiner is real mainstream, a paper that only publishes conservative commentators and has a specific editorial policy to do that.
Yes, it is a real stiff paper

Semper Fooey
Look, the issue here is not Romney, it's Obama.
I'm not a big Romney fan, matter of fact I think there is something robotic about him. I just know that I don't want what Obama allready showed us and I feel it will be more of the same if he is re-elected, if not worse, and I'm willing to give Romney a chance to do better.
And you have that right. But a lot of people look at Romney and don't like the alternative.

Because none of your specific charges other than the program failed are facts.
Except there was a public court case. Or was there?

They are certainly alternate universe becaues if some of your non facts were true people would be in jail and president would be impeached.
THAT IS WHY WE ARE UPSET because none of those repercussions are happening

So all the things that have gone wrong are an argument to elect Romney?
Well it certainly boosts the case for electing him. Obama has had his shot and not only not delivered but shown a strong predesposition for making things even worse. I don't think that Romney would be worse.
He certainy has a better economic base and I think that his stance on foreign policy would be firmer and more resolute.

Because none of your specific charges other than the program failed are facts.
Almost all of my charges are encompassed by the statement "the program failed," so I'm not sure what you think you're claiming here.

Anything less than 100% established was described accurately; for example, my claim that Holder "probably lied" or at least misstated things can be found in the testimony itself, where Holder denies knowledge of the program, and then has to correct himself when documents prove otherwise. I can quote it directly if necessary, but the fact that I've asked for specifics five times without getting any makes me think you're just sort of fishing and determined to dispute this stuff whether you really have anything to say or not.

They are certainly alternate universe becaues if some of your non facts were true people would be in jail and president would be impeached.
Er, no he wouldn't. Nothing I charged suggests that. Obama didn't testify and he invoked Executive Privilege, besides.

Leaving aside the hilarious implication that anything from a conservative source you can just completely dismiss without explaining why, I didn't link to any Examiner articles in relation to Fast & Furious.

Here it is, everyone. I found it. This is will's defense of the Obama administration's actions. A slightly longer version of "Whoops."

THAT IS WHY WE ARE UPSET because none of those repercussions are happening
I know, right? It's like there's something that literally prevents him from understanding the complaint. Probably an inexplicably unshakable belief in the mainstream media. Which, by the way, is significantly less trusted these days.

You ready? You look ready.
“We have a rule: we never free a mind once it reaches a certain age. It’s dangerous. The mind has trouble letting go. I’ve seen it before and I’m sorry.” -Morpheus
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Semper Fooey

Yes, and we all live in Tinkley Winkley Land with the Happy Little Elves.

We are better respected around the world? You watch way, way too much "mainstream" news.

Well, polls show that. The world thought little of America when Bush was running the show.

This America first, either you're with us or against us, is not a great way to make friends and influence people.

Semper Fooey
Almost all of my charges are encompassed by the statement "the program failed," so I'm not sure what you think you're claiming here.

All administrations have failures. You can go through every administration and find things that went wrong. Every one. The issue is has Obama's administration been a monumental failure? Well. from your ideological perspective, yes. But the American people don't think so. He hardly has been the disaster that was Jimmy Carter. if you lived then, you would know the difference between a president you disagree with and a President that is incompetent.

This thread exists because you are frustrated. A president whose ideological philosophy you strongly disagree with is going to be around for another four years. And I will admit it. All the Republican commentators who have been saying this election should have been a gimme are correct. When unemployment numbers are this high, it should be a gimme for the opposition party. But it isn't for reasons I won't completely get into because this thread is about what a monumental loser Obama is.

He is such a monumental loser he is about to defeat a candidate that since Labor Day has become the most inept campaigner I have ever seen run for president and that is saying something.

Anything less than 100% established was described accurately; for example, my claim that Holder "probably lied" or at least misstated things can be found in the testimony itself, where Holder denies knowledge of the program, and then has to correct himself when documents prove otherwise. I can quote it directly if necessary, but the fact that I've asked for specifics five times without getting any makes me think you're just sort of fishing and determined to dispute this stuff whether you really have anything to say or not.

No, there is no solid evidence he probably lied. But I am not going to debate Fast and Furious. Sorry. You can bring up other failures if you like. I won't debate those either. If a fresh controversy emerges that people are talking about now I'll talk about that. But Obama is not going to win or lose based on Fast and Furious.

Er, no he wouldn't. Nothing I charged suggests that. Obama didn't testify and he invoked Executive Privilege, besides.

Oh, weren't you talking about a massive government cover-up? Don't presidents get impeached for that? Executive privilege? Invoking that to cover up a crime? That sounds impeachable.

Leaving aside the hilarious implication that anything from a conservative source you can just completely dismiss without explaining why, I didn't link to any Examiner articles in relation to Fast & Furious.
No, you linked it to a bombshell article that Obama as an attorney defended a slum landlord! What a wowser story that was.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

All administrations have failures.
And people who point them out. And supporters who try to clumsily brush them off by saying things like "All administrations have failures."

But I am not going to debate Fast and Furious. Sorry. You can bring up other failures if you like. I won't debate those either.
But you'll still pathologically contradict them and then say you won't debate them when asked to back it up.

If you don't want to debate these things, that's your call. But that involves not feigning argument in the first place if you're just going to withdraw when questioned. Debate or don't, but don't waste my time with kneejerk denials you can't or won't defend.

Oh, weren't you talking about a massive government cover-up? Don't presidents get impeached for that? Executive privilege? Invoking that to cover up a crime? That sounds impeachable.
You're all twisted up here. The question is not whether or not these actions would be impeachable if exposed. The question is whether or not the lack of impeachment somehow means there must be no merit to them, which is what you suggested. And the answer is: of course not, because the President won't release the documents.

Which begs the question: how can Obama not have known about the program and insist that the documents contain privileged Executive communications? Explain that, if you would.

No, you linked it to a bombshell article that Obama as an attorney defended a slum landlord! What a wowser story that was.
Your insistence on valuing arguments purely on their electoral impact is staggeringly small-minded and, frankly, part of the problem.

Ugh. That first argument is terrible. Obama's not a liberal because people still shop and eat fast food? What?

The only argument here is foreign policy. He's certainly not been liberal there. But domestically, he absolutely has. The fact that Bill Maher wanted single-payer healthcare and just got a universal mandate doesn't mean the universal mandate isn't liberal, it just means Bill Maher had insane expectations. The fact that liberals thought they were going to get everything they wanted doesn't mean what they got isn't liberal. Of course it is. All Maher does here is refute the people who go over the top and act like he's completely dismantled American society. The fact that he's not a raging Marxist like the Michelle Bachmanns of the world think doesn't make him moderate. It's a big ol' straw man.

And boy, do we need to talk about that spending graph. Total bull. The problem, in a nutshell, is it uses 2009 as a baseline and then measures spending growth against that ridiculously high sum. It says that because the deficit was insanely high the first year he came in, that's the new "normal" and he's only increased it slightly from that insanely high point. What was unprecedented in 2009 (though he supported the things that drove it to that point, anyway) has become constant under Obama.

We've added about $6 trillion to the national debt during Obama's term. That's 60% of the total for all previous Presidents combined. In less than a single term.

Semper Fooey
And people who point them out. And supporters who try to clumsily brush them off by saying things like "All administrations have failures."

They don't necessarily point them out in clumsy threads meant to change the subject, because their candidate is a walking, TALKING disaster.

Yes. I know you would rather talk about Fast and Furious and Obama defending a slum landlord. But turn on the news, read headlines, and nobody is talking about that. They are talking about Mitt Romney and 47 percent.

But you'll still pathologically contradict them and then say you won't debate them when asked to back it up.

If you don't want to debate these things, that's your call. But that involves not feigning argument in the first place if you're just going to withdraw when questioned. Debate or don't, but don't waste my time with kneejerk denials you can't or won't defend.

I am merely pointing out you have your version of events. It is not accepted fact. It is the Fox News version. What do we get from Fox News? They troll for college graduates who can't get a job and blame Obama and put on the air without even checking him out a prankster!

I pick and choose what I am going to debate, as you do, because debating you means every sentence gets scrutinized and I am not interested in getting into an endless debate about Fast and Furious, which nobody is talking about today except you

You're all twisted up here. The question is not whether or not these actions would be impeachable if exposed. The question is whether or not the lack of impeachment somehow means there must be no merit to them, which is what you suggested. And the answer is: of course not, because the President won't release the documents.

Uh-huh. Then you will impeach him, right?

Which begs the question: how can Obama not have known about the program and insist that the documents contain privileged Executive communications? Explain that, if you would.

You convinced me. Impeach him.

Your insistence on valuing arguments purely on their electoral impact is staggeringly small-minded and, frankly, part of the problem.
Yeah, I am the problem. I am the reason Republicans nominated a candidate who is going to lose in a year he shouldn't.