Juno

→ in
Tools    

I totally an going to rip my friends copy of the cd.

I agree with those who believe the soundtrack fits the movie. Sure Juno herself liked punk but why does that have to make the movie soundtrack follow a punk theme? From the introduction itself the movie came across to me as a laxidasical impression of a tormenting moment. This also helped define the maturity and calmness of Juno during such a challenging time. I would go as far as to say if the soundtrack was punk; it would detract from the overall quality of the movie (and the thoughts and efforts evidently put in creating it).

It seems to me to be a film about facing a very terrifying problem and applying the best intellectual decision-making
Intellectual decision-making for you involves dismissing the hard won right to abortion in as few lines of dialogue as possible? Explain why that was done...certainly not realistic...to appease whom?

I think some people give this movie way too much credit,

you will learn something from this film
LOL...oh it's not sarcastic? you actually found this educational? Boy...are we in trouble!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think the lack of discussion of abortion in the film isn't done to appease anybody. In the same way that the lack of discussion of keeping the baby is present. The discussion of having the baby but giving it to a loving family was discussed much more than the other two, and that's only fair, since that is what the film, itself, is about.

I still don't understand people who believe the film is somehow lightweight on the discussion of what will happen to all the characters, especially the baby. The fact that the storybook family intended to be the baby's parents isn't all that it's cracked up to be just adds layers to a fine "teen comedy" which attacks subjects which almost no other teen comedy ever has. This film is far more complex in what it leaves you with than most films.

I give it
, but the women in my family (wife and 16-year-old daughter) think more highly of it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I still don't understand people who believe the film is somehow lightweight on the discussion of what will happen to all the characters, especially the baby. The fact that the storybook family intended to be the baby's parents isn't all that it's cracked up to be just adds layers to a fine "teen comedy"
I agree about the 'storybook family'...this is what I liked most about the film, that they aren't perfect the way they try to present themselves in the advert. Still, I don't think there was much discussion of what will happen to the characters, it seemed to imply that they all got what they wanted and would carry on living their lives. I think questions are raised over what will happen, but I don't think these are fully explored. And maybe that wasn't the point of the film to explore these.

But it left me wondering if a 30-something recently divorced single mother who lives in a nice house is necessarily a better mother than a 16-year old with the support of her boyfriend (the baby's dad, who, by the way, never gets a say in anything that happens) and family who isn't that well off. The key factor, I suppose, is that Vanessa wants the baby and Juno doesn't.

The other thing that made me feel sad at the end of the film was Juno being told 'one day you'll be back here on your own terms'...which made me realise she has done to her baby just what her own mother did to her, and one day she, too, will have a 'replacement family'.

I just watched the movie and I can say that the movie did not compare anywhere near the reviews given to it.
Personally I think the movie had some comedy, few sad moments, and a few happy moments
I recommend you do not watch this movie as it seems very drastic

I thought this was a really good film. Not sure i want to Jennifer Garner as a control freak again but Ellen Page was brilliant and i really enjoyed this film.

is this movie really original?

i saw a korean movie entitled "jenny and juno" and it's got the same plot.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
is this movie really original?

i saw a korean movie entitled "jenny and juno" and it's got the same plot.
Unbeknownst to me, we had another spiritual cousin out there, a Korean movie called Juno Jenny. [The actual title is Jeni, Juno (2005).] This time, the cousinry goes one step further and the movie is about--seriously--a pregnant teenager and her cute, sweet boyfriend. (The guy character is named Juno, not the girl.) There's no adoption subplot and apparently the film is otherwise dissimilar to mine, but how *beep* up is that? I bring this up because a journalist drilled me about it recently--awkward!--and also because I saw someone on our IMDb board wondering if Juno was a remake of the K-flick. So for the record, 1.) it isn't a remake 2.) I haven't seen Juno Jenny, though I want to now, and 3.) I don't think anyone would even bat an eye about this if my film was called Jenny. The name Juno is just so darned distinctive that confusion is inevitable.
from Diablo Cody's blog

from Diablo Cody's blog
i was just asking. geez.

Im bringing this thread back because i wasnt around at the time of it being made, just to say, i love this movie, and it actually jumped into my top 5 movies almost instantly.

I loved this movie. I finally got around to seeing it after all the Oscar hype (which I'm still pretty upset it didn't win, by the way.)

Very original storyline and great acting.. I first saw Ms. Page in Hard Candy (with Patrick Wilson). Great movie as well.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Not sure where to post this but: WACHA

This movie was totally deserving of the Best Original Screenplay award. I have been waiting anxiously for JUNO to come out on DVD so I can own this amazing movie, and now I can!

anyone else run out and buy it yesterday?

LOL Hell No! I wouldn't put myself through that again...my sound system would never forgive me...neither would my ears!

Welcome to the human race...
This movie was totally deserving of the Best Original Screenplay award. I have been waiting anxiously for JUNO to come out on DVD so I can own this amazing movie, and now I can!

For once, I'm glad Australia is behind the rest of the world when it comes to DVD releases.

Colour out of Time
I was left empty watching Juno ... all the hype and what a let down

The script did it for me ... I guess the whole glossing over of the teen pregnancy issues with the only options for a teen to have sex is abstinence or going for it left me frustrated. I mean what about having safe sex?!!! The only time condoms were mentioned was to have a flavour gag ... what a wasted opportunity

I couldn't get into the characters ... the automatic acceptance of the parents with the situation, the adoptive couple's motives and what the F#ck was all that weird subtext between Mr. Adoption and her all about This only managed to confuse the whole direction of the film IMO. It failed to trully explore the confusion, hurt and isolation experienced with teen pregnancy just to deliver a number of cheap (but well written) laughs.

The music was great and the acting OK ... but please if I have to see another film where the teen speak as though they have a masters degree I'll shoot myself!!!

The film had the opportunity to really go somewhere but ended up very superficial

Not sure where to post this but: WACHA
Since noone visits the DVD thread anymore buddy, this is the right spot.

I didn't get a chance to no. But as soon as I do it's on my must buy list.