Greatest Things That Happened To Film?

Tools    

Henh?!

Do you mean like the guy putting a camcorder on the beach, letting it run for 6 and a half hours, then releasing it as the longest movie ever made, and its considered as art?

Really? If you wish to totally disempower storytelling, yknow where it reaches you on an emotional level, so you can relate to what youre watching....whats left that can be considered? An intellectual introspection that is really a search for a point?
I was joking don't you know I hate Scandinavia

Yes, I was trying to think of examples.
Young Frankenstein came to mind as an early example, and the reason it was shot in b&w is because it was an homage to the original. (Brooks took a chance as a lot of people advised him against it saying that people in the 70's wouldn't get it.)

Another is the Elephant Man. Schindler's List, of course and a recent one that I haven't seen was The Artist. (And there are bunches more!)
Woody Allen also spent some quality time with Black and White: Purple Rose of Cairo, Broadway Danny Rose, Manhattan, Stardust Memories.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Woody Allen also spent some quality time with Black and White: Purple Rose of Cairo, Broadway Danny Rose, Manhattan, Stardust Memories.
The Purple Rose of Cairo was in color (except for the movie she goes to watch), but Celebrity, Shadows and Fog and Zelig were other Woodys in B&W.

The Purple Rose of Cairo was in color (except for the movie she goes to watch), but Celebrity, Shadows and Fog and Zelig were other Woodys in B&W.
Many scenes in Purple Rose were in B&W and the contrast helped keep the two story lines separate.