MoFo art gallery

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Sometimes your minimalism turns into primitivism, but the results are always interesting.

I rewatched The Thing a few months ago and recognized the movie immediately by your image before I even panned down to the title.

Jurassic Park is a really cool design, but since most people associate the movie with dinosaurs (and not the mosquito trapped in amber that provides their DNA), that poster is liable to throw people off and not make them immediately recognize it. (To me it looks like a poster for a movie about a contagion, virus or disease.)

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

The original 1974 movie. And surprise me - don't just put a chainsaw on it.

Well, that's certainly different. Grandpa, right?

I like it, though. I wouldn't have thought of that.

I went through thoughts of knives and chainsaws, meat hooks... bones, chickens in cages... the house.

Then I thought of the dinner table scene. Ping!

I've seen a bunch of fan art posters for Texas Chainsaw Massacre.... never one like that.

And I got it immediately, too. Grandpa sitting at the end of the dinner table.

It's creepy in its own way. The wheelchair seems symbolic of man being crippled... perhaps by having legs cut off by a chainsaw.

Yeah, he's in a wheelchair. But, I mean... if you didn't know about the grandpa .... if you saw that poster and didn't know anything about the movie... but knew a chainsaw was involved... and the poster features a man in a wheelchair.... I just think there's something kinda threatening/disturbing about the wheelchair in conjunction with chainsaws. Like, if you were attacked by a killer with a chainsaw, and he cut your legs off, you'll be in a wheelchair.

I'm trying to find something ominous about the poster if you didn't know who that was in the picture... if you didn't know who the grandpa was... what could you imagine as something scary about it then? The wheelchair is a symbol of being handicapped. Actually, it's kind of an interesting theme to Texas Chainsaw Massacre -- being handicapped. Leatherface is mentally retarded. That's a handicap.

Plus, that Franklin guy was in a wheelchair..... grandpa and Franklin are both in wheelchairs.... Leatherface is mentally retarded..... it's like being handicapped is a theme of the movie. Ya know?

Actually.... is grandpa in a wheelchair? That might just be a chair...... I think that's just a chair he's in, and they carry him down. I need to check.

No, grandpa is not in a wheelchair in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's just a chair. They carry him in his chair, but it doesn't have wheels on it.

Same for the sequel, but the remake Texas Chainsaw Massacre grandpa might be in a wheelchair because I saw a picture that seemed to suggest he was... I'm not very familiar with the remake.

Still, it's not bad. There IS a wheelchair in the movie, but it's Franklin's, not grandpa's.

No, grandpa is not in a wheelchair in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's just a chair. They carry him in his chair, but it doesn't have wheels on it.

Same for the sequel, but the remake Texas Chainsaw Massacre grandpa might be in a wheelchair because I saw a picture that seemed to suggest he was... I'm not very familiar with the remake.

Still, it's not bad. There IS a wheelchair in the movie, but it's Franklin's, not grandpa's.
Yesh, I immediately thought of "Franklin" (the victim) when I saw the wheelchair.