Another Vampire Film....

Tools    

Dark Shadows

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/

Im a huge fan of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, so im actually interested to see if they have broke the mold a little with this vampire film, see if theyve put their own quirky stamp on it

The Adventure Starts Here!
DA, have you ever seen the old soap opera from the sixties on which this is supposedly based?

What irks me is that the original soap opera wasn't as campy as this. It had a subtle strangeness to it -- a soap opera yet with a vampire -- but wasn't silly, strangely enough. This just looks... silly.

But I like Depp and most things Burton, and I tend to enjoy the vampire stuff, so I'm sure I'll see it. Just wish it didn't seem like a parody of something that was already a bit of a slow-burn parody itself.

Dark Shadows

Im a huge fan of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, so im actually interested to see if they have broke the mold a little with this vampire film, see if theyve put their own quirky stamp on it
The Burton/Depp hive mindset usually works pretty well.
It'll have the faithful shelling out their Lincolns anyway.

DA, have you ever seen the old soap opera from the sixties on which this is supposedly based?

What irks me is that the original soap opera wasn't as campy as this. It had a subtle strangeness to it -- a soap opera yet with a vampire -- but wasn't silly, strangely enough. This just looks... silly.

But I like Depp and most things Burton, and I tend to enjoy the vampire stuff, so I'm sure I'll see it. Just wish it didn't seem like a parody of something that was already a bit of a slow-burn parody itself.
Give me the name of the Soap

that's what she said...
I will see it just because it's a vampire movie AND directed by Tim Burton.
The previews look decent, doesn't look like it's going to be a super big hit, but it looks entertaining and I always like the light-hearted darkness Tim creates.

Semper Fooey
There is already a thread on this.

I think Dark Shadows...

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
When it will be released?

Pluto.

No.

Mars.

Yep. Mars. Definitely.