The WORST Hollywood Remakes!!!!

Tools    

Why is Hollywood totally killing my childhood? There's too many to list as far as blunders.. Especially when they mess with my cult horror... But.... but... THIS IS GOING TOO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which one get under your guys' skin the most?

Ugh... And the term 'reboot' is only to soften the blow of what it being called a 'remake' would deal.. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Ghostbusters gets scrapped in favor of a reboot.. Might as well at this point :/

Don't even get me started on the soon to be Hellraiser abortion..

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I thought the remake of Dawn of the Dead was bad because of changing the Zombies from good Zombies to fast Zombies.

But then Hollywood went and one uped themselves by remaking Day of the Dead, this did not even have anything to do with the original film. New Day of the Dead worst Zombie movie ever.

Do not watch this movie.

I thought the remake of Dawn of the Dead was bad because of changing the Zombies from good Zombies to fast Zombies.

But then Hollywood went and one uped themselves by remaking Day of the Dead, this did not even have anything to do with the original film. New Day of the Dead worst Zombie movie ever.

Do not watch this movie.
agreed man!! I've always said the exact same thing.. Nick Cannon shouldn't be allowed near any movie set... Or Ving Rhames for that matter, unless we're talking about a Pulp Fiction reunion.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Why is Hollywood totally killing my childhood? There's too many to list as far as blunders.. Especially when they mess with my cult horror... But.... but... THIS IS GOING TOO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which one get under your guys' skin the most?

Ugh... And the term 'reboot' is only to soften the blow of what it being called a 'remake' would deal.. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Ghostbusters gets scrapped in favor of a reboot.. Might as well at this point :/

Don't even get me started on the soon to be Hellraiser abortion..
I kind of actually hope they don't make the new Ghostbusters. Everything about it sounds AWFUL.

I don't mind remakes because in the end, I don't go see them and they never replace the originals. So the idea of someone remaking The Evil Dead with what I'm sure are going to be vapid pretty people from the CW network doesn't phase me, because I'll always have the original classic.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I kind of actually hope they don't make the new Ghostbusters. Everything about it sounds AWFUL.

I don't mind remakes because in the end, I don't go see them and they never replace the originals. So the idea of someone remaking The Evil Dead with what I'm sure are going to be vapid pretty people from the CW network doesn't phase me, because I'll always have the original classic.
Cool artwork, btw man!

Agree with Day of the Dead, it's terrible. Wickerman, don't know what on earth that rubbish was... I've been told to watch it as a comedy, but I'm not sitting through the Wickerman remake again, sorry but no.

Psycho, and Funny Games - exact shot for shot remakes I find absolutely pointless.

As for remakes that are not even out yet, I'll wait until I've seem them before judging, and I'm not wasting energy getting worked up over something you don't even have to see anyway...

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Yes there is, but even though it sais it's based on Romero's original as far as I can remember there is nothing even remotely close to the original, it was basically a new horrible zombie movie based on nothing.

Didn't even know that there was a Day Of The Dead remake.
Me too. Oh my God o.O

I know I've talked in gross generalizations plenty of times before, but I'm going to try to be the voice of reason in this thread.

First off, not all remakes are bad. For example, The Ring, True Grit (technically not really a remake, but I count it anyway), and 12 Monkeys are all examples of wide release remakes that are very good.

Second, if you don't like it, don't effing watch them! Fright Night, despite getting decent reviews, showed that the movie going audience is getting tired of remakes. Maybe hollywood will start listening if we just stay away from them. But, if we did that then we would miss the good ones!

When I heard that they were planning to remake Rocky Horror, I was infuriated! Being remade by MTV, the people who killed music television?! No thanks! Thank god it got scrapped.

For me it has to be Rob Zombies: Halloween.

He killed a classic. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Rob Zombie necessarily. I like The Devils Rejects and House of 1,000 Corpses but man did he get this one wrong. The original halloween is a slasher film that was more suspenseful than gore. There was violence, but it was done tastefully. It was a film that kept you on the edge of your seat. He shouldn't have associated these two films because his genre of horror is opposite to the original.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Didn't even know that there was a Day Of The Dead remake.
Mee too. I hate the new Dawn of the Dead too. Why do they have to amp up the Zombies making them super fast. Part of the danger of the originals was that they are much "slower" and the suspense built up as they approach. Also the mall was "empty" in the new one. I mean seriously wtf. I could make a better Dawn remake with a few friends and a video camera.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
No seriously I could.

Snyder's version was alright, I thought. It had it's moments. The fast zombie thing would have been more effective had 28 Days Later not been released before it though.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Planet of The Apes (2001)
Poseidon (2006)
Arthur (2011)
The Italian Job (2003)
The Pink Panther (2006)
The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)
Psycho (1998)
Clash of The Titans (2010)

...to name a few