The Profile Picture Thread

Tools    

Hong Kong action film buff.
Tell us what's in your profile picture, and rate the person above you's profile picture.

My profile picture is Jackie Chan, an antagonist getting his neck cracked by a fictionalized Bruce Lee in 1972 while filming Enter the Dragon.

What's yours?

Yes---it is by Louis Wain! https://www.dailyartmagazine.com/louis-wain-cats/

As his mental condition worsened, his cats became more and more flattened into floral surfaces.
I knew that! When I was a kid we had this set of Time Life books, one was called The Mind. One section of the book had artwork done by artist who all suffered with mental issues. I remember the cat image as the book demonstrated how Louis Wain's cat art became increasingly detached from reality ending in some really bizarre abstract cats. I loved the way he captured emotion in his earlier cat art.

I knew that! When I was a kid we had this set of Time Life books, one was called The Mind. One section of the book had artwork done by artist who all suffered with mental issues. I remember the cat image as the book demonstrated how Louis Wain's cat art became increasingly detached from reality ending in some really bizarre abstract cats. I loved the way he captured emotion in his earlier cat art.
Cool! I really had not heard of him until the last few years, when I was getting into the British band Current 93 (which features his art on several album covers). From what I understand, Wain used to do a lot of children's books when he was still cogent, and I have been meaning to search for whether any reproductions of them are still in print.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Would @Mr Minio like to tell us where his profile picture is from? None of us have a single idea.
Oh it's a default avatar from some generic website.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Mine is William Holden as Pike Bishop in Sam Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch (1969).

ActionRocks I rate your avatar, I dunno...a 6 out of 10.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It's Franco Nero as "Space Jesus" in a weird movie called The Visitor from 1979. He memorably says "mutant" with the accent on the "tant" in his opening speech. Not a thing you forget (well, maybe I don't because I'm a geek).

10/10. Can't go wrong with Dredd.

The truth is in here
Looks like Gingerbread Man from Shrek. 8.5/10, pretty creative.

My avatar is a GIF of Peter O'Toole in a famous scene from Lawrence Of Arabia. Unlike many other places I rarely ever change the one I have here. The only other one I've had is an image from Robot Monster (And also a variation of it with snow coming down during one of the Christmas seasons if that counts).

Technically, my profile picture is Orson Welles & Rita Hayworth from The Lady from Shanghai. Whilst my avatar is Humphrey Bogart from The Maltese Falcon.

I'll give everybody a 9 out of 10 for their avatars, all very cool choices...but a little time in Photoshop could make some of the images sharper and more defined.

My avatar is just a picture of an old-fashioned movie palace - there's still no place I'd rather watch a movie!

I rate the prior avatar an A+ - very classy!

My avatar is just a picture of an old-fashioned movie palace - there's still no place I'd rather watch a movie!

I rate the prior avatar an A+ - very classy!
Like Elvis says, 'thank you, thank you very much.'

I see you're new to MoFo, Welcome! MoFo is a one of a kind movie forum board. We do lots of neat activities here...so hang around and join in, there's always room for one more!