Terminator Reboot... A Stand Alone Trilogy

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I think Rise is watchable, but not as good as T1 and T2. I did like the ides of the web being involved in propagating Skynet, as well as the final location/shot.

I think it's more than watchable and would even go as far as quite good, but agree it doesn't touch the first two films. There is one really hammy scene where Arnie gets corrupted and smashes the car bonnet/hood which always irks me, and brings the movie down a few notches. Arnold was too old for the role even back then which is why I like this (admittedly a little goofy) idea of him playing his age. I'm going to stick my ass on the line here though and predict it's going to work.

I thought that scene in Rise was one of the better ones tbh.

His programming is telling him to kill Connor, and his programming, as Connor tells him, is to protect Connor... so it's as if he's breaking the conflicting orders by destroying a car.
Almost as if he doesn't have control too, like, seeing red and smashing up the first thing he sees.

There's a lot that can be read into that scene.

But, I disagree about T3... I found it to be a step in the wrong direction. I reviewed them all a while back, couple hyears in fact, and said they went from horror-action, to action -adventure... to comedy.
I found T3 to be unintentionally funny in more than one place, usually from Nick Stahl doing nothing but breathing heavily when he has to act "intensely"... this is partly down to the director as well tbh for not pushing Stahl for a better performance.
"Ok, Nick, this in an intense and emotional scene"
"Is heavy breathing ok?"
"Yeah, whatever"

The other thing with T3 is when the Terminator takes the clothes from the stripper... I'm surprised they didn't make the leather trousers a pair of arseless ones.

I thought that scene in Rise was one of the better ones tbh.
I thought you might considering you never agree with me on anything. Alien 3 and now this. I'm beginning to think you don't like me or something

His programming is telling him to kill Connor, and his programming, as Connor tells him, is to protect Connor... so it's as if he's breaking the conflicting orders by destroying a car.
Almost as if he doesn't have control too, like, seeing red and smashing up the first thing he sees.
Patronising much? I understand what's' happening, it's just that the scene not only exposes Arnold's meager acting ability, but also his over-the-hill-ed-ness. He looks very old there and I find the whole segment faintly ridiculous not because of the plot, but because Arnold is so unconvincingly awful.

There's a lot that can be read into that scene.
Yes. That beyond acting as a monotone robot Arnold is rather limited. Conflicted loyalty robot was a stretch too far methinks...

But, I disagree about T3...
Yes, yes yes....yooouuu, continue to disagree with me all you like you lovable ball of nerdy fanboyness. It's OK because I love you man. That's what's great about geeky franchises like this...we get to come here and nitpick. Please agree with me that you like to nitpick...oh god you don't do you????

It's not being patronising. I was just pointing out why I thought that was one of the better scenes in the movie.

I don't really nit pick. I don't think that saying T3 was cack, can be called nit picking.

Also, do I come across as a fanboy? Damn. Not my intention.

*sigh*

Alas I fear there's no hope for us because I suspect you're trying to troll me by playing devil's advocate and deliberately misinterpreting what I say. I mean't nitpicking these types of franchise films in general, but I worry I may be wasting my time trying to be lighthearted and friendly with you. Not that I intend to stop, but please...throw me a frickin bone here. I completely respect the right to a different opinion, but it's as if you're attempting to turn disagreeing with me into an art form. Explaining the corrupted loyalty scene after my comments reads as patronising regardless of your intention...I'm sorry but it does. Also calling you a fanboy was not meant as an insult as it's something I proudly consider myself. I think anyone who spends time on a movie forum site creating Aliens quizzes and debating the merits of Terminator 3 is worthy of the same tag. There's nothing wrong with that in my eyes. I sincerely apologise if this offends you, and for anything I've done in the past that has upset you somehow. Same goes to anyone else on these boards.

And I didn't mean to come across as patronising with what I said on that scene... it was genuinely just my own two pence on it and what I saw in it.

Can I ask something, and this is a genuine question... why do you say I'm trying to turn disagreeing with you to an artform?
As far as I know, in the 3+ years I've been on the forum, this is the first time you and I have ever had a conversation like this.

Ah the olive branch that is Dredd...good old stoney face

I don't want to drag this out too long Rodent but my comments were a direct response to our recent Alien 3 disagreement (not that it was bitter in any way) which I, after this recent exchange worry may have upset you somehow because I know how fond you are of the movie. Then your post after my tongue-in-cheek comments about being patronising and nitpicking (which I love to do by the way) proceeds to disagree with everything I've just said as well as misinterpret some of my comments/intentions. I thought you'd at least see how farcical your deadpan reply looks after my previous attempts at brevity. That's the trouble with forum posts sometimes, they can read very differently without the benefit of a well placed smiley. I've found that out here the heard way in the past.

Ah ok... I honestly can't remember that conversation about Alien 3.

Oh well, no hard feelings then

You got a link to it at all?

This thread should be renamed "Terminator Genisys". Since the film isn't a reboot, remake or even a sequel. Plus, the rest of the trilogy won't happen for tentatively around 2017 and 2018 the earliest.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
This thread should be renamed "Terminator Genisys". Since the film isn't a reboot, remake or even a sequel. Plus, the rest of the trilogy won't happen for tentatively around 2017 and 2018 the earliest.
Or we could call it Genesis so we don't look like idiots who can't spell. One of the slogans on the old MoFo was "We can spell Schwarzenegger*" so we should be able to get Genesis right.

*I always have to use Google to spell it right though.

Or we could call it Genesis so we don't look like idiots who can't spell. One of the slogans on the old MoFo was "We can spell Schwarzenegger*" so we should be able to get Genesis right.
Or we can rename this thread to Terminator Genisys and then learn that 'Genisys' refers to the name of a new high-tech manufacturing corporation (a la Cyberdyne Systems in the previous films).

James Cameron has seen it... and has gone on record giving his personal endorsement.
http://www.slashfilm.com/james-camer...nator-genisys/
"If you liked the Terminator films, you're going to love this movie"

I can't find the YouTube vid so that link will have to do for now

The Terminator
so i watched the latest video from their youtube channel is that seriously they are making two arnolds fight with each other that would be fantastically fantastic.

Welcome to the human race...
I can't imagine it'd be too extensive a fight, but time will tell.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
James Cameron has seen it... and has gone on record giving his personal endorsement.
http://www.slashfilm.com/james-camer...nator-genisys/
"If you liked the Terminator films, you're going to love this movie"

I can't find the YouTube vid so that link will have to do for now
Well he isn't going to say it's **** is he. I remember Nolan intervies where he says Man of Steel is good.