Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

Thought you might go for Patrick Swayze as a Jarhead.
I never heard of the movie before. Never really thought Patrick Swayze was as cute as everyone else said he was, though. I'm sad that he's dead, though, because I loved him in To Wong Foo. VITA, NOOOOOO!!!

Originally Posted by Dex
or Captain America hisself even.

Never seen this guy before. Should I be embarrassed that I think he is hot? I like the chain necklace and the hat.

But I don't know who the hell this is or what movie he's in.

It was nothing special, but tolerable. I liked the introductory teaser best.
That probably was the best part

Still, the film's treatment of "It's A Good Life" was absolute sacrilege.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
^^

Was a great pinball machine as well Plainview. I still see the odd one in bowling alleys now and again, but as of yet haven't been able to get one for the right price.

that's what she said...
Quite a few choices for 1990, Jacob's Ladder, Wild at Heart, Cyrano de Bergerac, The Grifters, Bride of Re-Animator, TREMORS, but I'll go with my heart.

I'm 1990 too, I almost chose this movie (It is WONDERFUL)

Obviously, as it was celebrating my birth, cinema was bloody brilliant the year I was born and while there were a few film I could go with, there was only really ever one choice for me.

I first saw this when I was about 10. I don't know how many times I've seen it. Could be 50 or 60, could be 100 or more. It doesn't matter anymore. This film is part of me.

How could the 1990 people choose anything but GoodFellas???
Like people born in any year, they're not robots.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I know you're all just trying to get me to see 1983 more positively, but really, is my Scarface avatar bad?
no, i don't care! whatever you want. you just said you hated your year when it came to movies. i thought Scarface was a half-hearted choice on your part, so just in case you missed a few, i wanted to help a brother out.

i really had no idea if any of the movies i listed would be Sexy-approved, but i thought there may be a chance. especially The Outsiders! oh, man. i need to see it again, now.

I actually really like the Scarface avatar -- it could be a bit bigger, though. There's just not many films I love in 1983. Something about the year seems kinda gloomy... Scarface, Videodrome, The Hunger, etc. TERMS OF ENDEARMENT.

I like sunglasses, though, so what I have is good.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
speaking of gloomy years, Amadeus came out the year i was born, too. i only saw that once - in music class in 7th grade. ha. i really, really liked it, though, and i'm in the mood, so i might download it and watch it tonight.

yay for depressing movies after a depressing week.

1984 would have been a better year for me... Amadeus, Nightmare on Elm Street, Ghostbusters, Police Academy, Beverly Hills Cop, Star Trek III, Friday the 13th 4, Purple Rain, Rhinestone, Sixteen Candles, The Terminator, some others.

But 1983 is just... sparse.

I'm with ash on this, it's you who didn't sound like you liked your avatar very much. However, as you're still bitching about the year 1983, I thought I'd offer up some more choices.

All The Right Moves (if you like young Tom Cruise or Losin' It, which I think came out the same year)
Bad Boys (if you like young Sean Penn)
Breathless (for the young Richard Gere)
Christine
Return Of The Jedi
Zelig
The Man With Two Brains
Sleepaway Camp
Educating Rita
Rumble Fish

Personally, I think I'd go with The Hunger. Good film and I love the look of it.

I don't want a Susan Sarandon avatar and I think David Bowie is ugly.

Bad Boys, though... I have that movie and I still haven't watched it. Maybe it's time to.

This isn't exactly my type, Nebbit.

And I'm not against Susan Sarandon - I just didn't like any of the pics of her from The Hunger I found.