The 'Flushed with success' Song Tournament

Tools    

Going to leave Day 4 open a little longer as neither mistique nor christine has voted yet. If neither has voted in the next six hours I'll close the round and put out a shout for any ties that need breaking.

ROUND 2 - DAY FOUR

Neil Diamond - Love on the Rocks vs. The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards - Amazing Grace

Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You vs. Headless Chickens - George

Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You ain't seen nothing yet vs. Marvin Gaye - I Heard it Through The Grapevine - (alt link if needed)

Elton John - Candle in the Wind 97' vs. Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle

Nirvana - Lithium vs. Frankie Valli - Grease

Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have to Say You Love Me vs. The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together

Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer vs. Caro Emerald - A Night Like This

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown vs. John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights

just in time!
HK is right about that version of Candle in the Wind. The original was a lovely touching tribute to Munroe but god knows why Elton John went and turned it into this mawkish mess. It's embarrassing.

HK is right about that version of Candle in the Wind. The original was a lovely touching tribute to Munroe but god knows why Elton John went and turned it into this mawkish mess. It's embarrassing.
Both absolutely spot on ... and embarrassing is certainly the word for it.

Day 4 winners:
The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards - Amazing Grace
Headless Chickens - George
Marvin Gaye - I Heard it Through The Grapevine
Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
Nirvana - Lithium
Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
Caro Emerald - A Night Like This
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown

and those that take a bow from the competition:
Neil Diamond - Love on the Rocks
Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You ain't seen nothing yet
Elton John - Candle in the Wind 97'
Frankie Valli - Grease
The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer
John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights

Chic - Le Freak vs. The Beach Boys - I Get Around

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Marmalade - Ob Li Di Ob La Da

vs. The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards - Amazing Grace

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise vs. Nirvana - Lithium

Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie - (alt. link if needed) vs. Magic! - Rude

Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle vs. Alice Cooper - School's Out

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown vs. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

Caro Emerald - A Night Like This vs. The Equals - Baby, Come Back

ROUND 3 - DAY ONE

Chic - Le Freak vs. The Beach Boys - I Get Around-Tough call.

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Marmalade - Ob Li Di Ob La Da-Easy call.

Headless Chickens - George vs. The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards - Amazing Grace

Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle vs. Alice Cooper - School's Out-Would have went the other way if a normal version of School's Out.

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown vs. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

ROUND 3 - DAY ONE

Chic - Le Freak vs. The Beach Boys - I Get Around-Tough call. No contest with this one. I recognise the place the Beach Boys have in pop history but I'm not much of a fan, besides which Le Freak is amazing

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Marmalade - Ob Li Di Ob La Da.oh please! Making vote for that ditty cos I can't stand the other one

Caro Emerald - A Night Like This vs. The Equals - Baby, Come Back hard choice that

ROUND 3 - DAY ONE

Chic - Le Freak
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)
(Ugh - not a fan of either)
Nirvana - Lithium
Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
(Happy to finally get to vote against mine - has to be done when the opposition is markedly better)
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Caro Emerald - A Night Like This
(Pleased some of you have liked this one - I had no expectations whatsoever)

ROUND 3 - DAY ONE

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Marmalade - Ob Li Di Ob La Da

DAY 3 - DAY 1

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise
vs. Nirvana - Lithium

Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie vs. Magic! - Rude

vs. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

Chic - Le Freak vs. The Beach Boys - I Get Around - Even against great BB stuff, this is a monster for me.

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) vs. Marmalade - Ob Li Di Ob La Da - I've always loved this. Even before I ever heard it.

Headless Chickens - George vs. The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards - Amazing Grace - Good old George keeps finding itself against stuff I hate.

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise vs. Nirvana - Lithium - Sorry, Coolio, this is Nirvana nirvana for me.

Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie - (alt. link if needed) vs. Magic! - Rude - I just like it a lot more.

Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle vs. Alice Cooper - School's Out - Finally the live version comes a cropper. I'll still be fine if it gets through, though.

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown vs. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out - I think the first time this comes up against something I even mildly like I'll vote against it. Starting to tire now.

Caro Emerald - A Night Like This vs. The Equals - Baby, Come Back - I'm slightly surprised at myself with this tie but even halfway through Baby, Come Back I thought I'd vote this way.

DAY 1

Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie vs. Magic! - Rude

Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
vs. Alice Cooper - School's Out

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 3 - DAY 1

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 3 - DAY ONE

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise vs. Nirvana - Lithium (The lesser of two evils. )

Coolio & L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise vs. Nirvana - Lithium (The lesser of two evils. )

Because I hated both songs?
I don't really think you're a racist... but the minute I saw that Nirvana/Coolio matchup, I've been wondering how you would vote there, and I feared you'd vote against Coolio, and you did.

I think that's such a good song -- Coolio's -- and I know you don't like rap music -- but that's such a different kind of rap song, I think.

The Nirvana song seems so unlike you, while Coolio's rap song -- while it may be rap -- it's soulful, and I thought you *MIGHT* like it.

But you still went against it.... because it's rap.... and your thing with hating all rap music.........

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I don't really think you're a racist... but the minute I saw that Nirvana/Coolio matchup, I've been wondering how you would vote there, and I feared you'd vote against Coolio, and you did.

I think that's such a good song -- Coolio's -- and I know you don't like rap music -- but that's such a different kind of rap song, I think.

The Nirvana song seems so unlike you, while Coolio's rap song -- while it may be rap -- it's soulful, and I thought you *MIGHT* like it.

But you still went against it.... because it's rap.... and your thing with hating all rap music.........

I hated both songs, and I actually thought about skipping that match, but I don't like skipping any matches, so I just voted for the one that I hated less. (I would have asked Hubby for his opinion, but he went to sleep early tonight.)