Your favorite anime

Tools    

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (have the original one too, have seen that)
Samurai Champloo
Gurren Lagan
Black Lagoon
Trigun
Deathnote
I heard this easy to work and intact among western audiences , pretty recommended

Welcome to the NHK
Baccano!
I don't know why I differentiate those both. I like them both,
only somehow I sure recommend it after ppl watch some other stuff first.

kino's Journey
I still haven't watch this one, plan to binge it this year, but I heard some of good things from friend.

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Soul Eater
Chobits
Spice and Wolf (both seasons)
Wolf Children
Samurai 7
The Dissapearence of Haruhi Suzumiya (have both seasons of Melancholy, seen the 1st)
Those show has either not so work for me or been dropped so I don't have much opinion regard for recommendation. Again not saying it bad, the like soul eater has quite promising start for me, only it lost it fun through the end

drop some of my personal favorite

(series only)

Tatami Galaxy

Gintama

Planetes

Mobile Police Patlabor: On Television

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Hyouka

Hunter x Hunter 2011

Cowboy Bebop was the first anime I watched that didn't really feel like an anime, just fantastic TV.

Would recommend!

I found this series very disappointing, the movies are much better.

This show is really interesting at times, but also can be really boring at times. I watched about 30 episodes.

I found this series very disappointing, the movies are much better
I suppose it depend on what you looking on the franchise. The movie was more serious and lack of comedic tones compare to tv series that more light and heartwarming.

[quote]
This show is really interesting at times, but also can be really boring at times. I watched about 30 episodes.
not many ppl could like it I believe. eventho' not so "action" based the story and characters was rich for me. I got a lot philosophical stuff in it.

I suppose it depend on what you looking on the franchise. The movie was more serious and lack of comedic tones compare to tv series that more light and heartwarming.
The series wasn't as well drawn, the animation quality looked like it was probably suffering from budget and deadline issues that typically befall series. The writing was what bothered me the most though. I can sacrifice animation quality if the writing is good, like with Berserk, but the writing was just awful. The movies were very psychological with meditative dialogue and complex conspiracy plots. The show looked like it was trying to keep along the same lines, but also had that extremely distasteful commercial/marketing taint that felt like they're just making more because Patlabor is popular and they know it will sell, but they weren't really putting much effort into it. It had no feeling. I really don't have time for that kind of meaningless fluff, it's just boring.

not many ppl could like it I believe. eventho' not so "action" based the story and characters was rich for me. I got a lot philosophical stuff in it.
It's definitely not for everyone, but it has a pretty loyal following. It's certainly legit, and much better written and animated than most mainstream anime in my opinion.

drop some of my personal favorite

(series only)

Tatami Galaxy

Gintama

Planetes

Hyouka

Hunter x Hunter 2011

wow someone who knows good anime

Hajime No Ippo is my favourite Anime, but i don't really watch Anime so whatever. One of my friends gave me the first two volumes of Berserk recently and i thought they were pretty good.

The series wasn't as well drawn, the animation quality looked like it was probably suffering from budget and deadline issues that typically befall series.
I don't feel much that way anyways, it's series so obviously it got more low budget/episode compare to movie. It was non issue for me bcoz again it's not suffer quality drop like more long series. ex: naruto or one piece.

The writing was what bothered me the most though. I can sacrifice animation quality if the writing is good, like with Berserk, but the writing was just awful. The movies were very psychological with meditative dialogue and complex conspiracy plots. The show looked like it was trying to keep along the same lines, but also had that extremely distasteful commercial/marketing taint that felt like they're just making more because Patlabor is popular and they know it will sell, but they weren't really putting much effort into it. It had no feeling. I really don't have time for that kind of meaningless fluff, it's just boring.
I'm not buying that comparison. tbh the fact that I enjoying the series and feel glued with the characters made me can appreciated the movie more and the franchise as well.
I got what I liked from each -the light side on the series and the heavy side on the movies, as well - why should I be bothered with one side perspective called
"I merely want smart serious writing" or whatever is that. no, again I'm not buyin into that statement "they have no feeling when made that" when it just from the same headgear creator.

But it's ok It's ur privileges of opinion I take what mine

It's definitely not for everyone, but it has a pretty loyal following. It's certainly legit, and much better written and animated than most mainstream anime in my opinion.
I heard it also helped by the fact the source material
itself (The novel) was pretty menacing.

I had all my top 15 or so anime series in this thread of favorite TV shows:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=31784

While I haven't updated it over 2 years I wouldn't include any other animated series among those besides Utena (1997), Hunter X Hunter (2011), K-On! (2009-2010) and perhaps Flipped Flappers (2016) as well as Yuri Kuma Arashi (2015). Among live action series I would include Mr. Robot (2015-2016) on that list as well.

For really mature animated stuff I think that Hyouge Mono (2011) and Monster (2004) are great titles in particular although I didn't care that much about either. The manga of Monster I liked more.

I am also considering Kobayashi's Dragon Maid as a one of my favorites but it hasn't finished airing. So far it looks like it's going to surpass K-On! to become the greatest comedy animated series I ever watched, and like K-On! its better than the original manga:

Lol, I'm not buying anime with moe-style mostly, eventho' there exception like kyoani's hyouka. Pretty much I can't stand the cuteness overload and fluffy thing implied there.

Also I Once gor recommended and borrowed friend's dvds of hajime no ippo, but I keep holdin from watching , until he take it back lul.

I can't say I've seen many anime series in their entirety, but I think Cowboy Bebop is a genuine masterpiece. Here's a brilliant essay I've seen recently about the series. It reminded me of how great it was: