Any filmmakers out there?

Tools    

im a low budget film maker that makes short comedy films mostly spoofs any others out there.

Shake well before opening.
u bet. Mostly low budget stuff too, cant make much of an impact with the restricitons we have on time and money so i usually stick to short comedic films.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Two of my fledgling efforts are on the site in my sig if yous interested. But they're made from old footage, re-dubbed, so there's no directing stuff in there as such. The "Days.." one is very scrappy coz it was my first attempt at editing - but it sort of fits the style methinks (that's why i choose it - so my mistakes would look deliberate )

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
My friends and I used to get together for a day of filming short skits and camera tricks. This took place five or six times over a ten year period between 1985 and 1995. When I bought my first camcorder in the early 90s, I fiddled around a lot with short funny stuff. This was before the days of computer editing for the home user. In the late 90s I bought a digicam and computer editing software. One of my friends from the 80s filming days passed away, and I used all that old footage to put together a 45 minute tribute video. I cleaned up the skits through editing, using sound effects, music, titles, special effects, etc. I've also created 4 animation shorts using the software. I wrote two short films, which I had planned to film and edit myself, but time, money, and actors was going to be a problem, so I gave the scripts to two film students I know who filmed the first one, so far. It's in post-production.

Well, I'm not sure this is what you were looking for, but there you go.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

I am student filmmaker, and you can read all about it on my PRODUCTION BLOG.

My most recent project is [at the moment, anyway] titled The Winter Bolero, or The Winter Bolero Project, and requires online audience participation. So check it out [that goes for everyone, not just the cinematically inclined].

My friends and i have a production company, Dauntless Productions, we make short films and spoofs.

Mmm, interesting idea Silv. I'll be there with some nutty (but do-able) ones

i wish i had a green screen

My life isn't written very well.
Originally Posted by joshost
i wish i had a green screen
Can't you just take a color example to a hardware store, where they'll mix you up a batch of green paint? I'm sure you can find a picture with the color green you need to show them. Then you can just paint a wall, sheet etc.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

He probably only wants one so he can fill up the Web with more badly done Star Wars spoofs...

The Bear with the Funk
heres another one. I love to write my movies, then direct them, but of course its all done with camecorders, but really i just love to do it. Watch movies, get all hyped up and shoot some badass scenes. good to know oyu guys. What/who inspired all of you

"I can't help it..."
I write, direct and star in short films (Usaually 10-15 minutes long)...
I am in the midst of editing one now called "School Of The Damned" and am writing my first hour long script called "Santa's New Bag"...
YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Im on my way to film school next year, actually, at Univertisy of Colorado. (Yeah, im just a lowly tennage punk).Our high school up here has a wonderful video program, including 2 Canon ZL-1's and an AVID editing machine, all of which i have accessed to. (Yeah, Okay, Im spoiled, too.) Anyway, Im always working on short films, and hopefully i'll have a website up soon for Valiant Films. If you have any short scripts, i would love to make a movie out if it if its cool!

Hola,

I'm here...sometimes...
I write & produce full-length features, though I've only done one so far. It was a very long road, but it recently just hit stores, courtesy of Warner Bros.

I will soon be embarking on the next movie, after a little more recuperation!

"God, Sex & Apple Pie" -- New Movie in Stores Now
Official Website for the independent film God, Sex & Apple Pie

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
I am student filmmaker, and you can read all about it on my PRODUCTION BLOG.

My most recent project is [at the moment, anyway] titled The Winter Bolero, or The Winter Bolero Project, and requires online audience participation. So check it out [that goes for everyone, not just the cinematically inclined].
Originally Posted by Golgot
Mmm, interesting idea Silv. I'll be there with some nutty (but do-able) ones
Oh ****. I obviously forgot to do that (unless it was some thing i couldn't connect to - or - was on at some ungodly time in the morning. I've got vague recollections of things like that. Erm, excuses, excuses)

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Hola,

I'm here...sometimes...
I write & produce full-length features, though I've only done one so far. It was a very long road, but it recently just hit stores, courtesy of Warner Bros.

I will soon be embarking on the next movie, after a little more recuperation!
What was your film then oh On-the-maker?

I've got a tatty short called "Above and Beyond" being savaged on triggerstreet.com at the mo. I don't know nowt about the day-glo world of Warner Bros wendings tho.

At least you shouldn't get the traditional Silver-bullet rending. (Tho you never know )

Originally Posted by Golgot
What was your film then oh On-the-maker?

I've got a tatty short called "Above and Beyond" being savaged on triggerstreet.com at the mo. I don't know nowt about the day-glo world of Warner Bros wendings tho.

At least you shouldn't get the traditional Silver-bullet rending. (Tho you never know )
"God, Sex & Apple Pie".... advertised in my sig...

I've not yet checked out triggerstreet.com. Been meaning to. Is that site any good? I know one can list/post scripts there, but completed works as well? (I'm assuming you've shot it...)

I have a small independent production company that's done some small commercial projects in the past. Now I'm working on a documentary and a feature length film which will hopefully get screened at some film festvials when I'm done.

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
"God, Sex & Apple Pie".... advertised in my sig...

I've not yet checked out triggerstreet.com. Been meaning to. Is that site any good? I know one can list/post scripts there, but completed works as well? (I'm assuming you've shot it...)
Whoops, sorry, missed this (and the sig - i'll look out for it).

It's a good site for getting feedback and a bit of exposure for small projects (10 mins max) and feature scripts.

(actually, my shorts are made from archive footage as i'm just getting some editing/dubbing experience together on the back-burner)

Messenger from Hades' Gate
I'm not a film maker yet, but I'm in the process of assembling a team to film a Christian Vampire movie (yes. . . you read that correctly. Do those two genre's conflict? Maybe, but who cares.)

You can check out the movie at homethemovie.shorturl.com . My plan is to give away as many free copies as possible and load it onto Kazaa for people to download for free and start charging people when the next film I'm writing comes out.