Connections?

Tools    

hey guys, i was just wondering, what kind of show biz connections do people on here have?
i mean, does anyone here know anyone famous, so to speak?

lol... another shallow teen i am indeed...

Last 5 Movies I have Watched...
The Astral Factor-•
Bridget Jones's Diary•••
The Maltese Falcon••••
Sliding Doors•••
Battle Royale••••

Collectormania
IMDb

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kong is meeting Peter Jackson soon.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I talked to Alice Cooper's son in a chat room on yahoo once...But I don't think that counts. I also met the guy that played the Leprechaun (Warwick Davis) a few years back. He didn't want to talk about the Leprechaun very much, however, so I stole his gold....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I also met the guy that played the Leprechaun (Warwick Davis) a few years back. He didn't want to talk about the Leprechaun very much, however, so I stole his gold....
I also met Warwick Davis last year (WOW! You know, there's a part of me that's in denial of it too. I actually almost turned down the chance to meet him because he charged $15 an autograph. What was I thinking?!) I thought he was very nice. My friend's camera kept screwing up everytime he tried to take my picture with the Warwick, and Warwick was very patient (and very short too!)

i once talked to tom baker, the guy who played the fourth incarnation of doctor who in the classic bbc sci fi serial, 'doctor who?' [his trademark was his long scarf that he wore everywhere].
he was my hero when i was a kid [like from the years between when i was 6-9 years old] and my parents jumped at the chance when there was some fund raiser for njn where when you called in to make a pledge of donation you got to talk to one of the doctors. actually my favorite actor who played the doctor was william hartnell, the first incarnation, but i settled for tom baker, who was such an amiable telephone conversationalist that he quickly replaced hartnell as my favorite, and i was even sure to catch the bbc version of c.s. lewis' narnia series when i heard baker was in it.

my great uncle [deceased] was a fairly well known and respected jazz guitarists, and he played regularly with the dorcy brothers when he was young. family legend has it that he also taught john williams a thing or three [though i cant confirm it and havent really taken much interest in that whole side of the family history]. for a long time he also had jobs doing composing for movies, and i think he did a few of elvis's lamer ones. one thing that amazed me, when i read his memoirs, was in his list of the films he worked on, i found 'the 5,000 fingers of dr. t.' [1953]. that's one of my favorite movies, and it's totally obscure, so i was delighted when i found that out.

but who cares about that crusty old jazz fart -- i talked to the fourth regeneration of doctor who on the phone when i was like 8!!

cooooool!
i talk to the band 'the androids' on their forum, they're really ace... really down to earth...
does anyone know the band 'america'?
cuz i talk to the son od gerry beckley, their guitarist... he's amazingly cool!!!
and i met tom felton, devon murray (draco and seamus from HP) and Alan Ruck said 'Hi *waves*' to me for no apparent reason... lol... well, maybe he said it cuz i was looking at him as if to say 'you're famous... i saw you in ferris bueller's day off!'
so yeah...
and my brothers friend is an extra in movies and is in commercials... and so is my sister in law's friend from college...
the first guy (bro's mate) was an extra in HP1 and was the guy from the british airways comm... he was the guy sitting on the train leaning back and closing his eyes...
and my s-i-l's mate is the guy in the orange ads who makes the sim card out of a biscuit!!!
and my brother phoned up dustin hoffman once, cuz his friend gave him the number...
he chatted to him for a good while, and tried phoning back and the number had been changed! lol...
stupid git...
oh well, please tell more stories, of your escapades with stars, the more famous the better!!!

oh and a good way to meet stars is at collectormania, at the centre:mk, there's one in october... it's free to go to, but yeah, it does cost money to get autographs... which bites...

'The Androids' .........the group who sing......."I Wanna Do It With Madonna"..............you mean them.....?

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

i most certainly do!!!
they're so nice! and cute to boot! lol...
matt, the guitarist and i share a love of science fiction!!!
lol
yeah, if you want to ask them anything go to www.theandroids.com and register and go to their forum and they'll answer! but you go to the 'leave a message' bit, not the 'chat about' bit...

*Drools over androids*

You should chat to me What if I'm the future celebrity? No, I'm serious, I'm making my own movie right now, so what on earth can stop me from becoming a famous guy?

By the way, i was always wondering, why people take off their hats when talking about celebrities. Did you ever thought of a movie career?

yes, actually, i've always thought of a movie career!!!
i'd love to be a director, or an actress!!!
i'm doing a pure media course this year in sixth form, and it's really helpful! it's making me really savvy in the ways of the media world!!!
one of the only mags i read is empire, and that goes for total film too!!!
i went to universal studios twice last year, and each visit made me yearn for that life even more than i already did!!!
i go to anything that has even slight movie celebrities, so that i can attempt to catch the eye of one of their agents, and *takes deep breath* i want more than ANYTHING to be as famous as, say, angelina jolie, or maybe keira knightley!!! (the latter being my heroine)

well, yeah...
there we go!!!
my friend and i are going to make videos of a comedy show that we thought up!!!
we'll send it off to different places and wait for the offers to come rolling in like the tide...

Lets see.........Not only do I get screeners of films (regular screeners, DVD screeners, oscar screeners and etc....), workprints, DVD Rips, TV Rips and etc..... I also have an Uncle Anthony Coppola whos second cousin is Francis Ford Coppolla. I was over my uncle's house once and TaliaSire stopped by when I was playing cards with my sister. Does that count ??

Do you know my poetry?
I have never met anyone famous :'(
Well my uncle is the local weatherman, does that count as meeting someone famous? lol

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Kong
Kong is meeting Peter Jackson soon.
argh, you've met him already. The god of new-zealand budget-gore. He is indeed a god

Originally Posted by Linespalsy
i once talked to tom baker
now there IS a god! (in transdimensional terms ) I grew up on his interpretation of Dr Who. There has never been a more charismatically crazy eponifier of an imaginary hero (garnered in ****ty "special-effects") Bow down to the god of resonant voice-verve!

If you look on some of the Dead Ringers' fan sights you'll find a hilarious interview between him and a guy doing a perfect interpretation of him. If i wasn't so involved with being compelled to sleep by necessities i'd point the way. The most fun you can have in a phone box (well, depends on the strength of your spine )

I've met a guy you've never heard of called Simon Pegg who did a series called Spaced in britland and appears to have nicked my ideas. Scum. Heigh ho. My grandad was championed by Dylan Thomas (welsh poet)'s dad, before going into a life of economic drudgery and accountancy. That's gotta count for something

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by jrs
Lets see.........Not only do I get screeners of films (regular screeners, DVD screeners, oscar screeners and etc....), workprints, DVD Rips, TV Rips and etc..... I also have an Uncle Anthony Coppola whos second cousin is Francis Ford Coppolla. I was over my uncle's house once and TaliaSire stopped by when I was playing cards with my sister. Does that count ??
*Shoots self in head*

I had sex with Mickey Roarke once. But I don't think that counts, because he was really drunk. And he paid me.

Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
I had sex with Mickey Roarke once. But I don't think that counts, because he was really drunk. And he paid me.
Marry Me Mary!

I must become Caligari..!
My best freinds dad is Lucky Oceans........... And i have sat with and chatted to Jack (Meg Ryans son) and met her to. ohhh and lucky Oceans son 's great uncel was on Sgt Bilko
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Ladies Man
Marry Me Mary!
No.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Hondo333
And i have sat with and chatted to Jack (Meg Ryans son) and met her to.
Is Meg Ryan as nice as she seems on screen?

I've met Viggo...in my dreams?