Movies THEY were wrong about

Tools    

"They" being critics and cinema goers. What are some movies that were panned on release that are thought of well today? One example I can think of is John Carpenter's the thing, easily still one of the best horror movies out there. The shining also got nominated for two razzie awards (worse actress/director), yet it's still thought of to be the best stephen king adaptation by many and one of kubrick's finest.
So what other movies are there? I suppose it'd also be interesting to see which movies were praised initially, but seem horrible today.

Another swing and a miss from the 'kid.

That's a Baseball reference for you Brits out there.

What did they say about The Shining? If it was how boring it is, then they were right.

Boring???? Oh wait, you must be talking about Stephen King's The Shining...
and not Stanley Kubrick's The Shining....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Welcome to the human race...
Another swing and a miss from the 'kid.

That's a Baseball reference for you Brits out there.
Pfft, the British more or less invented baseball. They're just too good to play it.

Welcome to the human race...
Pretty much. Australia is still more or less an English colony - Queen Lizzie is still considered our Head of State, last I checked.

The Fountain
Revolutionary Road
The New World

In my opinion. There are too many to name.

See the trailer here: