Cinema's best face slaps?

Tools    

So what are some of the really good face slaps in film?

8 - Any South Korean Comedy ... they use them like punctuation.

7 - The Verdict. Frank Gavlin discovers a third of his crack investigation team is working for the other side.

6 - Fanny and Alexander - Everyone in the house knows her husband is going after the new maid. The wife slaps that little tramp right in the kisser.

5 - Some Kind of Wonderful. Amanda Jones gets revenge on her rich boyfriend, not once, but twice.

4- Chinatown - "She's my daughter. She's my sister"

3 - Win win - Part of Kyle's pre-match ritual

2 - Moonstruck - Loretta's response to Ronny "the wolf" Cammareri's declaration of love:

1 - Some kind of wonderful---again! Keith chases after Watts at the end. And he chooses her. She reacts like she was slapped in the face. Okay, techincally not a face slap. But it's doggone cute and romantic.

I posted this the other day in another thread, but here it is again:

Paul Newman in the Verdict, or was that a punch?

I love how Peter Lorre gets slapped around in The Maltese Falcon.

"When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it!"

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Al Pacino slapping Diane Keaton in The Godfather Part II... "You're so naive Michael... it was an abortion!"

Or something like that. Been awhile since I've watched it.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I love how Peter Lorre gets slapped around in The Maltese Falcon.

"When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it!"

That's the best one by several miles.

That's the best one by several miles.
You have angered my Joan Crawford Youtube slapping video.

0:45 sec in. What makes this one good is how uncalled for it is, how Bardot turns around after cowering against the wall, and how it changes the entire mood of the scene from light to dark, which then proceeds to continue on for another fifteen minutes.

So that's Contempt, eh? Don't know what the hell they were saying. Liked the shirtless guy in the hat.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

Steve McQueen slaps Ali MacGraw in The Getaway.

&NR=1

Not a slap, but I have to put this in here. Steve McQueen punches Sally Struthers later in the same film.

Can't believe no one's yet mentioned Sissy Spacek laying one on Marisa Tomei in In The Bedroom

I know this thread asks for 'cinematic slaps' but I just have to mention, nonetheless, the most memorable slap I think I have ever seen:

You want to post like me?
Somebody posted a video of that little b*tch from Game of Thrones getting slapped over and over. Not Cinema but very satisfactory.

Umm, I was told there would be no math...
I hadn't even clicked in the thread and was immediately thinking of the scene from 'The Maltese Falcon'. It's made that much better by Bogart's line.. 'You'll take that slap!' or whatever he actually says.

That's the one for me, nice call there.