Drama movie, martial arts, christianity and religious wife

Tools    

I am looking for movie from 90's or 2000's - USA. The main character of the film is young man who practiced martial arts (kung-fu or karate) and was very successful. Later he married a religious woman, but he was a tyrant and often quarreled with her. At one point there was a time when she wouldn't let him in the house - I remember her saying: "God, help me. I don't know what to do." The husband was later more successful in these fights. At the end of the film, he changes and he is very nice man, because he saw a lecture by some pastor on TV and he converted. I remember that he even reconciles with his father, who was an alcoholic.

I found myself in my private database of watched movies.

It's Fury to Freedom (1985)
The true story of Raul Ries. Raul abused his wife and hated his father. His name stood for fear, for fighting, and for fury. To his high-school friends he was a violent, dangerous combatant. In Vietnam, he was a top-notch fighting Marine, yet a danger to his own commanding officer. To others he was a kung-fu expert, but to his family he was a time-bomb ready to explode at any moment. Then one night, a miracle led Raul from black rage to inner peace. Raul Ries was never the same. What could change the heart of a man from a desire to kill his own father to a passion to save him?