The Avengers

Tools    

I can't wait.

Anyone know if they are making more than one Avengers movie?

I can't wait.

Anyone know if they are making more than one Avengers movie?
Does the Pope crap in the woods? Does a bear wear a funny hat?

Will The Avengers make a crap ton of money?

If you know the answer to those questions then you know the answer to yours.

In the Beginning...
I hope it's good. I really do... if anything to validate all the hype-mongering that Marvel Studios has done since Iron Man for this ejaculation of a film. The gambit is Joss Whedon. He does no wrong, but expectations are WAAAY higher on this than anything he's ever helmed, and you can bet his aren't the only hands on the wheel.

Movie Forums Insomniac

Avengers Use ‘Avengers Premiere to Finish Shooting
‘The Avengers’

Joss Whedon has sought to make The Avengers unique, and the latest way was shooting a scene for the movie after the movie premiered. According to HitFix, the entire team (from Robert Downey Jr. to Scarlett Johansson) used the opportunity of the occasion to shoot one last scene. Apparently it’s tough getting a dozen notable names in the same room. There’s no telling what the scene entails, although there’s speculation from Mark Ruffalo‘s press conference statements that the scene will appear at the end of the movie. It’s not the stinger; the audiences on Wednesday night already saw that. It’s definitely an interesting move. Or a really expensive way to get one audience to want to see the movie again. It’s not like they need it. The movie is already tracking for a $135m opening.
Source: Movies With Butter

Also, Bleeding Cool is reporting that there was also a final filmed scene for after the film. Although no information has been released as of yet to what that scene is.

People were wondering aloud why The Avengers didn't have a rating yet, which indicates that it wasn't actually finished even though we're so close to the release date. There's your answer.

Bet you anything this is for a post-credits tease that they deliberately wanted to exclude from advance screenings.

Early reviews have been through the roof!

So, Avengers landing at the top means X2 or Spider-Man 2 or Iron Man has to move over... all hail the new king!!!!

Movie Forums Insomniac
&feature=relmfu

#!

^lucky u pal, i have to wait till 4th may to watch this one

I'm looking forward to it. An aussie is in it!

Movie Forums Insomniac
Feel seen whole movie from all these clips. Overkill almost
Only like 6 or so clips were released and that totals to like maybe up to 10 or so minutes. That's a pretty short movie. lol

Feel seen whole movie from all these clips. Overkill almost
I can't recall the name of the movie, but it was a couple of years ago.
I remember getting superexcited about the movie after watching the trailer, followed every clip posted of it online. After watching the film, realized the best stuff was already given away in the promos. & the movie had absolutely nothing interesting besides that.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I didnt even realise the release date was April 26th. I think I assumed it would be some point in the summer.

Reviews so far are much higher than I expected.

I can't recall the name of the movie, but it was a couple of years ago.
I remember getting superexcited about the movie after watching the trailer, followed every clip posted of it online. After watching the film, realized the best stuff was already given away in the promos. & the movie had absolutely nothing interesting besides that.
Was it Spider-Man 3? They released a bunch of action sequences from that film as promotional clips online and that film turned out awful. The same with Terminator: Salvation. Or maybe Green Lantern.

I used to have a theory that the more promotional stuff you saw for a film (for example, several trailers or an extended trailer, clips from the film, etc.) the worse the film would be. However, they did this with Captain America and that film was alright. It looks like The Avengers will also go against my theory.

Oh well, I can't be right all the time...but I can be so close it hurts.