How much do you pay for movie tickets?

Tools    

Adult Evening - $9.00
Adult Fri/Sat after 6pm - $9.50
Child (1-11) /Senior (62+) - $6.25
Adult Matinee (before 6pm) - $7.25

A movie cup is $3.75 and it's pretty huge. Refills are only $1 each visit, and the cup is good for an entire year. I rarely get anything at the movies to eat, unless its a must. With the prices goin up just to see the freakin movie, why waste your money on things you can get for 99.9% cheaper at the gas station. If it's something the theater ONLY sells, and I'm reeeeeeeally in the mood for it, then maybe I'll get it.

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
8 euros, it's incredibly expensive, I only go with my dad, cus he usually pays

Greetz
Spikez

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

i dont pay

i get it for free

A system of cells interlinked
usually anywhere from 6-10 dollars, depending on the theater.

I'm not so ashamed to admit I sneak into movies. If you do it right you can spend a whole day in the theater for the price of one ticket, just make sure there's decent movies playing. You don't want to be stuck watching Dragonball Evolution or Hancock

Where I'm from tickets cost around $10 for adults and on Tuesdays some places run it for half price so around $5. I like the cheap Tuesdays

You americans are lucky (7 to 10 bucks) In Canada, Vancouver to be exact depending on which theater 13-16 bucks. Tack on one wife, popcorn, Pop yada yada yada 50 bucks easy. But in Vancouver people pay it. This city is an expensive one.A 2 bedroom condo cost about 400K.

Tinseltown is under ten bucks, and they don't show only the usual Hollywood flick, indies and foreign films all the time.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I just checked, it's actually gone up (I haven't been there for a couple years). $12 evenings, $9 matinee. And it's basically on the border of one of the poorest neighbourhoods in Canada and one of the richest in Vancouver.

I've given up on cinema. I can't fit into the bloody seats so well any more.. And if I do go, I usually call in sick too work the day after from cramming my legs in between the seats in front of my own.. I watch my films on BD at home. Why rush something that is too be enjoyed..?

If only it didn't cost so much...
here's what I have discovered, call me a nahnahnahnahnah if you think this is bad...

If you're a female, take a big purse, if you're a guy, take a girl who has a big purse:
in preparation, you will need your beverages cool (can sodas, bottled waters, whatever floats your boat), then, right before you leave, pop your popcorn. Buy all additional goodies and treats at places where they sell it in bulk like Costco and stalk up (it will be cheaper this way). Fill your bag with everything you need and head out. It's fun in a way and you will spend a lot less. Trust me!

i wanna play a game......monopoly?!
OMG! I do the exact same thing darkrose, haha. My girlfriend's in to those huge purses, and when we go to the movies we end up stopping at the sheetz that is right across the street and just buy like little bags of chips and candy and we each get a nice sized soda and just stuff it in her purse haha.

Oh and I pay 8.50 here for an adult ticket

UK if you are an Orange customer (mobile phone) you can get 2 for 1 every wed I think it works out about £7