Best Movies Involving A Crime In The Main Plot

Tools    

The Emperor of Ice Cream
I did a search and did not come across this topic. What are some of your favourite movies involving a crime in the main plot?

Some of mine in no particular order:

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)
Reservoir Dogs (1992)
Ocean's Eleven (1960)
The Usual Suspects (1995)

The Killing (1956 - Stanley Kubrick) is the best of the best in my book - at least in terms of heist flicks. Told with a narrative that bounces around non-chronoligically, a small band of losers led by Sterling Hayden try to rip-off a racetrack. One of the best endings ever (damn dog).

Lots of other good to great ones, including (in no particular order) The Anderson Tapes (1971), Bob the Gambler (1955) and its re-make The Good Thief (2002), Rififi (1955), The Asphalt Jungle (1950), Heat (1995), Harry & Walter Go To New York (1976), Quick Change (1990), The Hot Rock (1972), Topkapi (1964), Thunderbolt & Lightfoot (1974), Kelly's Heroes (1970), The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973), The Brink's Job (1979), How to Steal a Million (1966), Charley Varrick (1973), Sexy Beast (2000), Bottle Rocket (1996), the original The Italian Job (1969) and Die Hard (1988).

I narrowed my definition to heist flicks, because "crime" could incorperate just about anything. The Accused certainly has a crime in the main plot, but something tells me that's not what you're looking for.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
The Bicycle Thief (1948, Vittorio de Sica) - post ww2, Italy, a man needs a bike to get a job. Simple story, brilliantly told. Favorite scene: the pizzaria.

Bandits (2001, Barry Levinson) - dark comedy/buddy picture/romance(?) about three freaks-o-nature who... well, without giving anything away, they're criminals. Favorite scene: Cate Blanchette driving around, crying, singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and banging on her steering wheel. bwahahaha!!

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Entrapment - woo hoo, go Catherine Zeta Jones!

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Bad Morther****er
Reservoir Dogs -- The first crime film I can remember that didn't accually feature a crime, brilliant.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

A system of cells interlinked
Psycho

Vertigo

The Killing

so many movies, so little space!

Murder by Numbers
The Great Train Robbery
The Heist
The Score

Iam A robert Redford fan so i would have to say

The Sting
Sneakers(when it came out Iwas like "HOLY Crap a 486". but now it is just kinda funny to watch)

Top 5 in order
1.Reservoir Dogs/Die Hard
2.Ocean's 11 (remake)
3.the Usual Suspects
4.Goodfellas
5.Sister Act. . .just kidding. WAH, Wah wahhhh
And found he was eating his shoe.

The godfather trilogy for sure
oceans 11 (remake)
true romance
goodfellows

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
The Usual Suspects... yeah definitely the suspects

1. Oceans 11 (So cool)
2. Seven (I think this counts)
3. The Score (Ed Nrton ruels)
4. Goodfellas
5. Training Day
6. Swordfish
7. The Godfather Trilogy
8. Murder By Numbers
9. Lock, Stock And Two Smocking Barrels
10. The heist

I'd put "Fight Club" as number one considering that the fight club is illegal aswel as project mayhem but I don't think that this is what Shaolin means.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010

You Only Live Once - recently saw this, awesome, awesome film. One of the most interesting prison escapes I've ever witness on celluloid. Truely spectacular. Henry Fonda is just plain perfect in it. I swear there must be something in the water at Omaha... Henry Fonda, Montgomery Clift, Marlon Brando... geesh

Breathless
Bonnie and Clyde
The Getaway - Peckinpah
Sugarland Express - one of the very few Spielberg films I love
Thelma and Louise
Kalifornia
Natural Born Killers

are a few of my favorites, but that's when it comes to the "lovers on the run" sub-genre of the crime genre, which happens to be about my favorite type of film, barring the western of course. It's like you get a bank robber/serial killer, ect/road movie ... all in one package! And God help me I still have yet to see Badlands.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Live and Let Die is another one.

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Reservoir Dogs