AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Thanks Yoda...

Especially under D ...
I was amazed there was nothing there

Originally Posted by Sir Toose
I'll have to poke around on that thing...
Oh my, I hope the MoFo Glossary gave you consent.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Oh my, I hope the MoFo Glossary gave you consent.
How about for A:

AFK - away from keyboard

ciao

Originally Posted by Sedai
How about for A:

AFK - away from keyboard
Generally, I would agree with you, but "AFK" isn't very applicable for a forum. Nobody posts just to let others know that they're stepping away for a moment. It'd make more sense in the context of a chat room or an IM, in my opinion.

Keep the suggestions coming, though. The more esoteric and MoFo-specific, the better.

My life isn't written very well.
How about (no indication to you Cait'--just a suggestion):

DOTM = Diarreah Of The Mouth. Yes I know the "O" & "T" shouldn't be included, but it looks better than just DM...

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Lets put a smile on that block
How about "Holy Helmet" Its an exclamation of suprise or bewilderment i use on a daily basis, and i think more people shoulduse, it rolls off the tongue nicely i feel. My nan is very fond of it indeed.

EXAMPLES:

"What in the Holy Helmet are you doing in that cucumber field Sister Mary Joseph?"

or

"Holy Helmet i think i'm touching cloth."

I just know they're coming to kill me.
What about anywho, Chris? It has the same meaning as anyways, only a different prononciation and I often use it.

Just a suggestion.

The glossary is more for listing inside jokes and phrases used often on MoFo; kind of a way to document the various gags and fads that have come and gone, as well as get newbies up to speed on just what the heck we're talking about. Most of the entries, you'll notice, wouldn't work offline, or even on another site. That is -- albeit loosely -- the criteria that I try to use.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm pretty sure anywho isn't some word incapable of being decyphered by your average MoFo reader, but that's just me....

I require a section dedicated to me...

And this is my BOOMstick!
"Nitzer, The" - Someone everyone should love, respect, and hail, for the world would be a dull place without him.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
How about:

TPM- An acronym for The Phantom Menace
ROTS- An acronym for Revenge of the Sith
SW- An acronym for Star Wars
OR
ANH- An acronym for A New Hope
ESB- An acronym for The Empire Strikes Back
ROTJ- An acronym for Return of the Jedi

Just a couple of suggestions.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
frogging - gerund form of "to frog" a form of free-associative posting which tends to leave people scratching their heads, but smiling. See also: A_L-ing, Gustavoing.

peppering the newbs - a form of warm welcome which doubles as prep for a Barbara Walters interview. Reigning Grand Champion of Newb Peppering: Aniko

blib - v. blibbed, blibbing; to laugh to the point of mild incontinence. Poor Caitlyn blibbed so hard at Sedai's joke, she had to go change her socks.

shizzification - n. the act of modifying one's speech in a ghetto-tastic manner.

nebbitize - v. a thread has been nebbitized when at least 5% of the posts are happy little pictures.

more as they occur...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
pike - v. piked, piking To post in a movie game in such a way that even Roger Ebert would be stumped for an answer. Ironically, the one person who is never piked: Holden Pike.

Not sure if anyone else uses it, but it seems to be needed as of late...

Reputation Whore - Members who beg for positive reputation points... See Uncle Rico

My Top 100 favorite movies.