Worst Casting Mistakes of all Time?

Tools    

I get the earlier point of view about bacon in death sentence but he is such a good actor maybe he was chosen because he could bring the human side across like in the scene with his son in hospital and the tragic finale.Sharon Stone in the quick and the dead comes to mind she wasnt a good enough actress to hold the screen against hackman in that movie and the fact that hackman and crowe get most of the screentime in the second half of the movie maybe hints that sam raimi felt the same.

Ben Affleck as Jack Ryan in Sum Of All Fears.Then again he has some big shoes to fill.The previous Ryan films were much better and Harry well enough said.
I'm not trying to agrue your point cause it's a valid one. I just don't think he did that bad a job when looking at either of Harrison's performances and Baldwins one outting. Plus of the 4 films and there storylines Sum of all Fears might be the strongest.

Anything with Megan Fox.

Russel Crowe as Robin Hood.

I have to agree with pretty much everything said here (except Julia Roberts!)

To add...THE ENTIRE CAST OF TWILIGHT!!! WTH? Did any of the screen writers, directors, producers, actors even read the books?

I also think any movie where John Travolta plays the bad guy is just plain bad! I adore him, but I just can't get into a movie where he plays the baddie!

Nicholas Cage is another actor that just ruins movies for me..I liked him in The Rock..but everything else, I could name 10 actors off the top of my head that would have been a million times better than him.

Terrence Howard in Iron Man, simply horrible!!!!!!!!!
Unwatchable!!!!
Shea in Transformers 1,2,3 and Eagle Eye, Indiana Jones sorry his acting is over the top, is unwatchable

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Terrence Howard in Iron Man, simply horrible!!!!!!!!!
Unwatchable!!!!
Shea in Transformers 1,2,3 and Eagle Eye, Indiana Jones sorry his acting is over the top, is unwatchable
Shia actually wasn't that bad in Eagle Eye in my opinion.

90% of studio films are huge casting mistakes. They always use the same actors even if they aren't right for the part.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. feeze in Batman and Robin couldnt agree more

Julia Roberts in "Hook"
Julia Roberts in "Mary Reilly"
Eva Mendes in "The Women"

Don Cheadle - Ocean's Eleven, Twelve & Thirteen
Luise Rainer - The Good Earth

Julia Roberts in "Mary Reilly"
The answer is probably "yes", but was I the only person here who liked Mary Reilly? Not that it was a great film or anything like that, but I liked it.

The answer is probably "yes", but was I the only person here who liked Mary Reilly? Not that it was a great film or anything like that, but I liked it.
I liked it but it was somewhat tepid.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!