Fantastic Mr. Fox

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wes Anderson has always made films that I enjoy and this is his next project.

Suspect's Reviews

Release Date: November 13, 2009
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Wes Anderson
Screenwriter: Wes Anderson, Noah Baumbach
Starring: George Clooney, Cate Blanchett, Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman, Meryl Streep
Plot Summary: The stop-motion film, marking Anderson's first foray into animation, is an adaptation of Roald Dahl's classic children's story, centering on a clever fox who must outwit three mean, dimwitted farmers who try their hardest to hurt Mr. Fox and his family. Clooney will voice Mr. Fox, while Blanchett voices his wife.

This was my favourite book as a child, one of the few fictional books I read. If I read it once, I must've read it 20 times back then. I can't wait to see it, but I'm sure I won't like it as I want to, it's stop-motion for a start. Why not a cartoon?!?!

The more pictures I see, the better this actually looks like it'll be. lol
One of my favorite books when I was a kid, too. So i'd be very interested to see how this turns out.

Stop-motion isn't the bad part (though I'd much rather a cartoon or computer animation) it's just that the models are so horrid looking. Nasty, evil scratchy looking things that I can have no empathy or warm feelings for. After seeing these new pics, I'm starting to wonder whether I'll bother with it at all.

Ya, I don't really want to see this flick.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
The stop motion doesn't look good at all. Plus, I think I've seen this plot like 20 times before. I'll probably still end up seeing it, because well, George Clooney's awesome!

In fact, were it not for the horrible look of it, that'd probably be the main reason for not getting my hopes up, tbh.
Ouch. Your loss.

The stop motion does look terrible.
It looks jerky enough that it almost certainly has to be a deliberate, stylistic choice. This isn't supposed to wow us technologically.

some customers may get their dicks ripped off
It's intentionally retro, dude. It's not supposed to look impressive.
Agreed. Do you really think Wes Anderson just couldn't afford to have it look visually stunning but somehow managed to afford George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Willem Dafoe, Owen Wilson, Jason Schwartzman, Adrien Brody, Michael Gambon, Anjelica Huston, etc... I'm fairly certain it looks the way it was meant to.