Occupy Wall Street

Tools    

Holy crap. On this page it was all friendly, posting articles, a little sarcasm here and there, I look on the previous page and there's hypothetical fur flying and negative reps everywhere, I don't feel like negative reputation should be given for an essentially political argument on a film site. It took you guys 23 pages to agree to disagree? I could have told you that was going to happen 22 pages ago, sheesh! In the end we're all mofos anyway and we can all agree that 2001 is a great movie right? ...right?

now kiss and make up

"hypothetical fur flying"

I try not to neg rep people for their opinion alone; Everybody has 'em. They're very popular!

Agreeing to disagree is all well and good but realistically, as long as threads with controversial subjects get posted, they inevitability get heated. 2001 is indeed a great film, in my opinion.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Politics makes my head hurt too. This is my first post on this thread.
I am just... urgh. Fail thread. I'm staying out of the miscellaneous subforum from now on and focusing only on the movie forums. This thread is impossible to get hooked into. Nothing wrong with Occupy Wall Street, but this thread is a boring disaster.

I am just... urgh. Fail thread. I'm staying out of the miscellaneous subforum from now on and focusing only on the movie forums. This thread is impossible to get hooked into. Nothing wrong with Occupy Wall Street, but this thread is a boring disaster.
My poor thread...

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
So?

You want to pass a law that says people in the private sector can't work for the government?
There ought to be some regs attached dontcha think?

Unless, you think this is perfectly acceptable :

Inside Capitol, Investor Access Yields Rich Tips

When Senate Democrats finally brokered a compromise over the proposed health-care law, a group of hedge funds were let in on the deal, learning details hours before a public announcement on Dec. 8, 2009.

The news was potentially worth millions of dollars to the investors, though none would publicly divulge how they used the information. They belong to a select group who pay for early, firsthand reports on Capitol Hill.

Seeking advance word of government decisions is part of a growing, lucrative—and legal— practice in Washington that employs a network of brokers, lobbyists and political insiders who arrange private meetings ...

full story here:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...349084878.html
Video Break-Down of the Wall Street Journal article :

&feature=relmfu

Semper Fooey
It tastes great on chicken.

And yet, Dexter, you still called me a psycho when I suggested that these people should have fought back against the cops who pepper sprayed them.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

“Every 99 percenter, the tall and the small, was protesting without any camp at all.
And The Man with his money, his heart cold as snow, stood puzzling and puzzling ‘How could it be so?’ It came without kitchens! It came without tents! It came without port-o-potties, drum circles, or beds! And he puzzled and puzzled til his puzzler was sore. Then The Man thought of something he hadn't before. Maybe ideas can't be shut down like a store, maybe ideas mean a little bit more.”

-occupy portland

BANNED
&list=UUNpAwV6GlFst1x3jmqCgYbQ&index=4&feature=plpp_video

the last time that blamed the Jews for all the problems in this world does not end well, at times we call this the Holocaust.

And see how much support he has, about 50 thousand per clip.

Semper Fooey
Nobody pays attention anymore to David Duke. Last year he was threatening to run for president, but only if he got adequate financial support. I guess he didn't get it. He was in prison a few years ago for misappropriating funds. He is like the bankers. Except he got caught.

This isn't about religion or race. It's about crooks. Anybody can be a crook. Stop trying to poison the well by falsely framing it into anti-semites vs. jews. All kinds of different people get involved in Occupy. Some will inevitably be bigots. The real question here is why you feel obliged to post that sh!te and make some general statement about "blaming jews" as if that motivation were a given.

BANNED
This isn't about religion or race. It's about crooks. Anybody can be a crook. Stop trying to poison the well by falsely framing it into anti-semites vs. jews. All kinds of different people get involved in Occupy. Some will inevitably be bigots. The real question here is why you feel obliged to post that sh!te and make some general statement about "blaming jews" as if that motivation were a given.
Ok .... I could understand it if it were a single case.
But look at the rest of his videos, he incites against Israel and Jews. Every bad thing in the world is blaming Israel and "Zionists."
instead of using the word "Jews", he says "Zionists".

I'm not saying he isn't a racist piece of *****. He is.

I'm saying he is not representative of Occupy.

I made that clear enough in the first place. Just stop.

Semper Fooey
Duke just tries to latch on to whatever is going on at the time. He tried to do that with the tea party movement and didn't have much luck.