MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

Maybe I can lapse into a coma and never worry about sleep again
Cheerful thought.

Question: I can't access a certain website on my notebook anymore; however, I can o my cellphone. Antybody knows how to solve the issue? The message I got says "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET"

Question: I can't access a certain website on my notebook anymore; however, I can o my cellphone. Antybody knows how to solve the issue? The message I got says "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET"
Maybe the cookies, clear your history and cookies and try again.

Maybe the cookies, clear your history and cookies and try again.
I'm afraid it didn't work.

One time I remember accessing that site from my computer but in a different location (with a different network) and the website did load.

I'm afraid it didn't work.

One time I remember accessing that site from my computer but in a different location (with a different network) and the website did load.
Some sites are location specific, such as accessing work profiles, university networks and such.

Some sites are location specific, such as accessing work profiles, university networks and such.
I used to have access to that site. Then, for some reason that specific site (for streaming horror/ shocking movies) stopped allowing me access. Afterwards, when I travelled to another country (and took the notebook with me), I started having access again. After coming back home from holidays, I had access for a couple of days before I could't access it again.

I used to have access to that site. Then, for some reason that specific site (for streaming horror/ shocking movies) stopped allowing me access. Afterwards, when I travelled to another country (and took the notebook with me), I started having access again. After coming back home from holidays, I had access for a couple of days before I could't access it again.
It sounds like maybe it's a site that has geographic restrictions. Have you tried contacting them and asking if they have some kind of customer support?

The reason you can't access that site could be a block by your ISP. Do you have a VPN? If not try one and see if that helps. A VPN keeps your ISP from knowing what sites on the internet you're visiting

If you do have a VPN already, you could shut it off and see if you can access that site, some web sites block access when using a VPN, though 'free' streaming sites aren't probably going to block a VPN because that's the only safe way to visit dicey movie sites.

An easy try is a different web browser. It sounds like you're using Chrome, try accessing that site with Firefox or another browser.

Another thing you can try is shutting off any firewalls, adblockers etc that you have installed.

That site could be blocked due to your antivirus settings, check those out and see if they are set too high. I don't use antivirus so I'm not very knowledgeable about them.

When you cleared your cache of cookies did you also clear the cached images and files and browsing history? If not try clearing all of that again.

Your DNS cache is different than your temp cache/cookies, try clearing the DNS cache, directions are here: https://dnschecker.org/flush-dns.php

It could also be your DNS resolver is blocking the site, you're probably using your ISP's DNS resolving servers, but you can change those, it's a little involved so you would want to look up how to do that and try it last.

That's all I can think of? Post back and let us know how it goes?

The reason you can't access that site could be a block by your ISP. Do you have a VPN? If not try one and see if that helps. A VPN keeps your ISP from knowing what sites on the internet you're visiting
Are there any free VPNs out there?

Are there any free VPNs out there?
Sure just Google free VPNs but they aren't that great...but if you just want to try one out and see if that helps, it could be worth it. There's also free trails from different VPNs.

Hi all, hope you're doing well. Don't forget to wear green a week from today :P