Scream 4

Tools    

Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
All of the movies sucked.
If you're gonna slam a franchise, then please do it in a thread where all the fans of that franchise aren't all going to see it? For everyone's benefit.

Originally Posted by Eyes
If you're gonna slam a franchise, then please do it in a thread where all the fans of that franchise aren't all going to see it? For everyone's benefit.
Agreed. I enjoyed the trilogy, though it got a little weak by the second sequel. Great lines, classic horror moments and a heck of a fun time.

Update: - According to Moviehole, it seems now that Neve Campbell is not interested in doing part IV:

Apparently the one-time rising queen of scream was in talks with the Weinstein co. to give her lungs another work-out for a third sequel? She may have had the talks, but she won't be returning, we can confirm today. Nope, Sidney's done with masked men.

Don't despair though. Just because Campbell won't be back doesn't doesn't mean that two of her hot-water bottle sharing co-stars won't be back, namely, the Arquettes. Gail and Dewey vs Ghostface......Let's get ready to rumble?

They are still planning to make Scream 4 without Neve Campbell. I don't know why that is - money? Because it's Miramax? It just won't be the same without her... it could be alright with Gale and Dewey (if they do decide to come back) since they had more screentime in the 3rd film, but I don't know about a sequel to Scream with brand new characters (unless it's written by Kevin Williamson, THEN I'm so happy).

Why won't Neve Campbell return? She feels it's illogical for her character to go through another round of killings/having a friend (or family member) be the killer, without going insane.

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Wes Craven Confirms the New Scream Trilogy Rumors

Scream 4
FirstShowing.net ran a rumor that said both Courteney Cox Arquette and David Arquette would be returning for Scream 4. Not only that, but also that screenwriter Kevin Williamson was writing a completely new trilogy that would continue the franchise with more sequels and not reboot it. Digital Spy caught up with Wes Craven, the creator and director of the original three Scream movies. He was asked not only to confirm the rumor about the Arquettes, but also to give an update on the status as well, with a hint at the possibility of directing them.

Craven was asked if it's a reboot and promptly shot down that rumor. "I don't think it's a reboot and Kevin [Williamson], when he talked to me, said, 'Remember, it's not just Scream 4, it's Scream 5 and 6.' So I guess he has a trilogy in mind." That confirms the trilogy aspect that we'd heard about. What about the Arquettes? "I've been told, and I don't think they'll mind if I say this, the deals on David Arquette and Courteney are virtually set. I believe everybody else will be new." So no Neve Campbell? Doesn't look like it. And lastly, what exactly is the status of these sequels, and could Craven come back to direct any of them?

"Bob Weinstein (The Weinstein Company co-chairman) has talked to me, he's interested in me directing it. I had a brief conversation with Kevin [Williamson], I know that Kevin is writing. What I've said to Bob is I'm not closed to it, I'm not open to it, I'll be perfectly happy to read a script and tell him what I think. That's where it's at and I'm not expecting a script until August. I don't know what the premise is or anything."

Source: FirstShowing.net

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Neve Campbell Returns For Scream 4

Bob Weinstein revealed to Variety that Dimension and The Weinstein Company are planning to rev up production on a slew of their famous horror franchise titles and with an emphasis on 3D. "I'm going back to doing what I do best," says Weinstein.

Variety reveals that after months of speculation, Neve Campbell has in fact signed on board for Scream 4, joining returning stars Courtney Cox and David Arquette. Scream 4 will start production in April or May as the first of a new trilogy written by series creator Kevin Williamson. The company is in talks with Wes Craven to return to the director's chair. Though Craven already stated in the past he's ready and willing.

That's not all - The recently announced Halloween 3D is expected to start up production in November of this year with My Bloody Valentine 3D duo director Patrick Lussier and writer Todd Farmer on board. A release is aimed for October 2010.

Dimension is also remaking Children Of The Corn (unrelated to SyFy's remake airing this weekend), as well as 3D sequels/remakes to Hellraiser and Scanners. Short Circuit and An American Werewolf in London are also on the slate.

Source: Shock Till You Drop

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Lame poster.

I like the fan made one above it.

Suspect's Reviews

im ready for another one if they decide to go forward

Scream 4 Sets Release Date

Dimension Films has set a release date of April 12, 2011 for Scream 4, which plans to start production this spring.

According to Variety, Wes Craven will direct and Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courteney Cox Arquette will reprise their roles along with a group of new cast.

Craven helmed all three pics, which starred Campbell, Arquette and Cox Arquette.

" 'Scream' has been such an integral part of Dimension's history, and I look forward to continuing the franchise," said Dimension Films chief Bob Weinstein, who is also co-chairman of the Weinstein Co.

Source: Movieweb

I don't know how they would make it work, but if they can (and get the original actors) I'd be cool with it

The Teaser Poster for Scream 4!

Adopting the same tagline we saw on the AFM teaser poster, the OFFICIAL teaser poster for Scream 4 has made its debut touting the April 15, 2011 release date. It's direct and in your face, no doubt.

Director Wes Craven begins shooting the sequel this June in Michigan with a script by Kevin Williamson and returning cast members Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and David Arquette.

Craven tells EW of the story:

"There have been 10 years of no Ghostface, but there has been the movie-within-a-movie Stab. We have fun with the idea of endless sequels, or “sequelitis” as Kevin calls it in the script. Sid goes through these three horrendous things, and Stab was based on those horrible things. And then they’ve been taken by a studio and run into the ground in a series of sequels. She has been off by herself and living her own life, and she’s even written a book that has gotten a lot of critical acclaim. She’s kind of put her life back together in the course of these 10 years. But, certainly, there would be no Scream without Ghostface, so she has to confront him again, but now as a woman who has really come out the darkness of her past."
He also confirms he has "signed on for the duration" of parts five and six!

Source: Shock Till You Drop

thats the thing with horror heroes, they never really ride into the sunset and live the rest of their days in peace.
i love the tag line as well, as it gives it a new freshness to it.

Ashley Greene and Hayden Panettiere in talks to join Scream 4

According to Heat Vision Twilight actress Ashley Greene and Hayden Panettiere (the cheerleader from Heroes) are in talks to join Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and David Arquette in Scream 4.

If the deals work out Greene will play Campbell’s cousin Jill, who has been described as the heroine of the movie, and Panettiere will play her best friend who is a nerdy film geek.

Also in talks are Lake Bell (It’s Complicated) who will play a police officer who knew Sidney (Campbell) from high school, and Rory Culkin (Twelve) who will be a potential love interest for Jill (Greene).

Apparently actors are having a difficult time deciding whether certain roles are for them as director Wes Craven and Dimension Films are not sending the script to agencies in order to protect its secrecy. Scream 4 will be made by the same creative team behind the original trilogy, so if they’ve seen the previous films they should know what to expect.

Filming is expected to begin in July, with a release date set for next April.

Source: Filmonic