Music-wise, What's Your Latest Discovery?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I know a swedish critic who once wrote that Waits first was a great singer/songwriter but then became a second grade version of Captain Beefheart.
Hardly.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
Blood Money is phenomenal, but creepy all the way through. I'd advise Mule Variations and Bone Machine.
Ok thank you. I'll start with those and work my way up to the really creepy stuff.

i'm digging Bone Machine so far. it has very unique percussion and interesting kind of off-kilter groove to it. I'm starting to listen to Blood Money as well, and while it is still a little creepy I'm getting used to it. It has a kind of lounge-singer-from-hell style to it that is very intriguing

After listening to a bunch of Tom Waits' work I like Rain Dogs the best. It covers the a lot of musical territory and is unique and experimental but also highly listenable and yes, more accessible than Real Gone. It actually is quite acessible when taken in context with his other work. Waits seems to be an aquired taste, and im aquiring. I have also discovered Fruit Bats and The Fiery Furnaces.

Neutral Milk Hotel
My Latest Discovery is that alot of Music out there today sucks. But as for good music I would say Rilo Kiley and The sounds
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
My Latest Discovery is that alot of Music out there today sucks. But as for good music I would say Rilo Kiley and The sounds
A lot of music today does suck. But there is also a lot of great music made today. In fact a lot of music made back in the 60s 70s and 80s sucked as well, but nowadays we only hear the good music from those decades.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Finntroll. Finnish Polka Metal! \m/

I actually learned "Trollhammaren" on guitar. Took me forever to find a tabbed version.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!

no, that sounds really good!

AHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHHHAAHHA!!!

Download the song "Trollhammaren". You'll piss your pants laughing. Nothin like a huge guy with a huge beard drinkin some beer, playing an accordion and yelling out "TROLLHAMMAREN!" every 20 seconds.

Not so much discovering, as promoting basically.....

The*Ga*Ga*s - a great Brit rock group that will hopefully do great things. The*Ga*Ga*s

The Berzerker - Holy S**t this is fast!

Dream Theater - Images and Words
- A Change of Seasons
DT's best work, and the vocalists voice works well with the songs, rather than irritate.

Evergrey - Good Swedish Metal

Secret Chiefs 3- Book of Horizons

At first i thought it was messy and just weird, but it ****ing owns.

Originally Posted by AMG
Secret Chiefs 3's first three studio albums were not exactly stripped-down affairs, but Book of Horizons is by far an ambitious release. The first volume of a planned three-part series of albums, Horizons is set up to resemble a compilation of bands, the catch being that all of these bands are headed by SC3 leader Trey Spruance. The six bands, which have two or three songs each on this album, encompass pretty much the full range of SC3's previous stylistic forays, including the funeral ballads and marches of the Forms; the orchestral, Persian-themed rock hybrids of Ishraqiyun; the time-traveling surf-rock of UR; the electro-acoustic collages of Electromagnetic Azoth; the extreme death metal band Holy Vehm; and the sweeping film music homages of Traditionalists. These "bands" are not physically separate entities so much as they are distinct concepts, since musicians overlap from one band to the next, and can change from song to song within each band. In any case, this separation of SC3's many diverse elements into distinct bands has led to more extreme song-to-song contrasts than on any earlier SC3 release. The two Holy Vehm songs are heavier than anything Spruance has ever released, while the more linear, melodic numbers (Traditionalists' Morricone-esque "The Exile," the Forms' "The End Times," UR's surf-tinged cover of the Exodus theme) rank as his most lavishly orchestrated productions. In between these extremes lies the Devo-esque surf-rock of UR's "Anthropomorphosis: Boxleitner" (a worthy sequel to "White As They Come" from First Grand Constitution and Bylaws), the reverb-drenched Afghani folk-metal of Ishraqiyun's "The 3," and Forms' stunning closer "Welcome to the Theatron Animatrique" — which sounds like the sort of orchestral film music that should be coming out of Hollywood circa 2004. Remarkably, given the huge orchestrations on so many of the tracks, there are only two samples on the entire record; all of the string sections, choirs, and such were the result of marathon overdub sessions à la Mr. Bungle's California. Even so, the album doesn't sound like it was labored over or artificially assembled, with the exception of the intentionally cut-and-pasted tracks by Electromagnetic Azoth and a few of the harsher edits on Holy Vehm's "Hypostasis of the Archon." And unlike Book M, which felt stiff and mechanical in spots, and California, which occasionally lacked the songwriting material to match the lavish production, Horizons comes through with soulful performances and top-shelf material on nearly every track (Ishraqiyun's "The Four" doesn't quite get off the ground like the other songs). The jarring juxtapositions between a few of the songs here disrupt the flow of the album here and there, a side effect of the compilation approach. Minor quibbles aside, this is a frequently jaw-dropping album that should silence Spruance's anti-Bungle critics and, more importantly, challenge and entertain devoted fans of his past work.

Dungen.

I heard this crazy song the other day called "lotion" by Greenskeepers

I'm looking down the hole, your looking up at me
Your cold and tired, that is easy to see
Lower the rope to you, a bucket on the line
Your membrane will be soft and smooth, and your heart will be mine

It rubs the lotion on its skin,
or else it gets the hose again
It rubs the lotion on its skin,
or else it gets the hose again, yes precious it gets the hose

Doooh, ooh ooh
Doooh, ooh ooh