Frank Capra vs. Hayao Miyazaki
65.00%
13 votes
Frank Capra
35.00%
7 votes
Hayao Miyazaki
20 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Capra most definitely. I haven't seen enough from Miyazaki to give him my vote. Miyazaki fans, what of his should I watch? (I've seen Spirited Away which I really liked and Princess Mononoke which I didn't like as much).
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

To the best of my knowledge I've never seen anything by either of them.

[edit] Correction, I've seen Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

I haven't seen anything by Capra , but I sincerely doubt I could ever say he's better than Miyazaki. He puts so much time into his films , even animating parts himself.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Hey meaty, you need to get all over Capra. Any and everything he made from 1933 to 1948 is recommended, but especially It Happened One Night, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and It's a Wonderful Life for starters.

I'd throw You Can't Take It With You and Arsenic And Old Lace in there as well. After those, you should check out some of his other movies like Meet John Doe or Mr. Deeds Goes To Town.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Capra most definitely. I haven't seen enough from Miyazaki to give him my vote. Miyazaki fans, what of his should I watch? (I've seen Spirited Away which I really liked and Princess Mononoke which I didn't like as much).
What meaty said but I'd throw Howl's Moving Castle in there

Its a choice between a guy who has directed some of the funniest and greatest movies of all time? And some dude who directs cartoons? And its tied? Really? Jesus...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Not anymore.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
0.0 he doesn't just direct cartoons! I'm so offended they're much more than cartoons!

You're so offended? Sorry. So am I.

I do kind of get what you're trying to say but they are and always will be cartoons. Doesn't mean they aren't good... not saying that.

Its a choice between a guy who has directed some of the funniest and greatest movies of all time? And some dude who directs cartoons? And its tied? Really? Jesus...

Yeah Capra's winning!

I've been wanting to see It's A Wonderful Life for ages now, but never seem to get the opportunity. Apparently (it was on the news once) some people love it so much they watch it every day. On the strength of that alone I've decided to vote for Capra over the nothing more than a kiddies cartoon bloke

I watch It's a Wonderful Life, every Christmas. Great movie.