The Election News and Predictions Thread

Tools    

Why label them at all?! Once a riot breaks out society is shot, we both know once the rioters get going that both parties have offenders involved. I advocated the protests, but not rioting. Because Im anti-rioting makes me pro-Trump? Hell naw, and the reverse is the same.

What has Trump said publicly, or done to calm the riots? Oh, he did a Tweet.

Going forward give the same critical eye to Trump as you have previous Presidents. On the flipside we have to give him a chance, we cant be self-destructive.
I'm neither for nor against Trump commenting. At this point, I don't really think it's his place to do so, but if he chose to that would be his business.

But I think it would probably be wasted breath that would only fuel the fire - based on the mindset & sentiments of both the protesters & rioters. (People that are calling for everything from a preemptive impeachment to his assassination. Don't think the words of the person they want dead would help them become reasoned, peaceful & rational.)

What might have a greater effect is a call for calm from the people most of the protesters claim to represent: specifically Hillary and the elected Democratic President Barrack Obama - he who's job it still is to address nation-wide concerns.

P.S. Those thugs that pulled that old guy from his car and beat him need to be brought in - give me 5 minutes alone with them!

This election in 2 seconds

They were like Hey Trump voters

Now Trump voters are all like

Now they're like

Dude, several of us have been asking you to "sit with us" for months. But that means talking to us, too, and not running off any time someone tries to have a serious conversation.

I dunno when (or why) you decided that the best response to disagreement was to dig in your heels and not give an inch. But that was/is not a good decision. It does not project strength or toughness. All it does is widen the divide, and alienate people who otherwise like you, many of whom would be pretty receptive to nuance on this matter, if you were to ever express any.

So please: stop being dismissive and glib towards all this. Please be serious about serious things. I would really like to not be so disappointed.

Great video. I should stop being surprised by all the losers out there.
I'm a little pissed at the guy in that video - it sounds like he read all the posts I've made on this thread over the last week... then made this video repeating them all!

Two presidential electors to colleagues: Dump Trump

Two Democratic members of the Electoral College have launched a campaign to keep President-elect Donald Trump from entering the White House, according to a new report.

Washington's Bret Chiafolo and Colorado's Michael Baca hope at least 37 of their GOP colleagues will abandon Trump and force the House into picking the next president instead, Politico said Monday.

Politico said the pair's so-called "Moral Electors" movement has already found one backer in Washington's Robert Satiacum.

"This is a longshot," Chiafolo told Politico in a phone interview Monday. "It's a hail Mary. However, I do see situations where - when we've already had two or three [Republican] electors state publicly they didn't want to vote for Trump. How many of them have real issue with Donald Trump in private?"

Politico said neither Baca nor Chiafolo is seeking the election of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Both vowed they would encourage GOP electors to write-in either Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio) or 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney instead.

The House would choose from among the top-three vote getters should enough electors reject Trump's claim to the White House.

Politico noted the 538 members of the Electoral College are scheduled to gather in their various state capitals and formally vote for president Dec. 19.

Baca and Chiafolo are seeking 37 other electors to halt Trump due to the Republican's results in the Electoral College vote last week.

Trump claimed 290 electoral votes to Clinton's 228, and currently leads in Michigan, which awards another 16.

Michigan would boost Trump's total to 306 electoral votes if all electors there go his way, well past the 270 threshold required for the presidency.

Politico added it could find only one GOP elector on record considering a break with Trump, his party's nominee.

Texas's Art Sisneros, a Libertarian activist, on Monday said he remains "undecided" but state party leaders and fellow GOP electors are pressuring him to go with Trump.

Twenty-nine states have laws mandating their electors support the victor of their state's popular vote, though Politico acknowledged none has ever been challenged or enforced.

Clinton's loss to Trump remains controversial as the former secretary of State won the national popular vote by less than 1 point over him.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ZmV?li=BBnb7Kz

Hey Yoda, if you want to start demanding that members post in a way that pleases you, you've got to find better incentives. Don't expect to get anywhere on this front until that point. My time is valuable to me

The idea that I should have to incentivize you to be a reasonable person is pretty messed up. As is the idea that what I posted above constitutes a "demand."

But don't worry, I don't expect to get "anywhere on this front" any more, because even when I go out of my way to be conciliatory, all I get back is paranoia and pettiness. Lesson learned.

I'll just go back to using the unvarnished truth, which is that you can't defend the man you support. You know it, I know it, and nobody's buying the excuses as to why you won't. Anything you say that isn't proving this wrong, continues to prove it right.

Hey, I know the game, I choose offense

MoFo gears scramble to control the narrative a week after being so very off

It's been interesting to be sure

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Pretty good assessment from Maher...

BILL MAHER: Democrats 'made a big mistake' when we 'cried wolf' on other Republicans

“I know liberals made a big mistake because we attacked your boy [President George W. Bush] like he was the end of the world,” Maher told panelist David Frum, a former speechwriter for Bush. “He wasn’t.” Maher continued: “And Mitt Romney, we attacked that way. I gave Obama a million dollars, I was so afraid of Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney wouldn’t have changed my life that much, or yours. Or John McCain.”
“They were honorable men who we disagreed with. And we should have kept it that way. So we cried wolf. And that was wrong,” Maher said.
The HBO host’s comments jived with a column National Review Online editor Charles Cooke published earlier this week. In his column, Cooke said Democrats have exhausted all language to attack Trump. “When the rhetoric used to describe Donald Trump and Mitt Romney is indistinguishable to all but the most tuned in, something has gone seriously wrong in the culture,” Cooke wrote.
http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-...mccain-2016-11

Hey, I know the game
If you think me asking you about your principles is a "game," you've taken a wrong turn somewhere.

It's not a choice if you do it because you can't play defense.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Personally, I utilize my free speech to criticize the protesters and the college students too "traumatized" to go to school (how are they ever going to make it in the real world?).
i called in last Wednesday. couldn't do it. i still somehow manage to 'live in the real world'

Out of all the sore loser celebrities that will be moving to Canada, I am most excited about Cranston. Cheers!

The Breaking Bad actor said he would 'definitely' move if Trump won, suggesting a permanent vacation to Vancouver.
'I would definitely move. It's not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won't,' Cranston said in October.

WOW! This coming from the NYTimes...

Stop Shaming Trump Supporters

The left needs to stop ignoring people’s inner pain and fear. The racism, sexism and xenophobia used by Mr. Trump to advance his candidacy does not reveal an inherent malice in the majority of Americans. If the left could abandon all this shaming, it could rebuild its political base by helping Americans see that much of people’s suffering is rooted in the hidden injuries of class and in the spiritual crisis that the global competitive marketplace generates.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/p...ump-supporters

To be fair he's only posting articles and i think that's what this thread is partially for since it's Election News. I'm not even really defending him since i take about 80% of his posts as trolling but i don't see what the difference is between him posting that and you posting this a few hours ago:

To be fair he's only posting articles and i think that's what this thread is partially for since it's Election News. I'm not even really defending him since i take about 80% of his posts as trolling but i don't see what the difference is between him posting that and you posting this a few hours ago:

Fair. I just get miffed cause I can tell its trolling on his part. How he goes about it is not the same as you. I had deleted it before you posted anyway cause I knew the point would be lost. He just looks like someone instigating two parties against each other rather than being involved in a forward discussion.