Quote of the Day

Tools    

The invisible plane replaced the stealth bomber. Sure, that's going to be a lot of use. The enemy is sitting there going:
"Well, there's no plane here. But there are two little guys in a sitting position at 40,000 feet."

- Will Durst

All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination.
Carl Jung

The difference between me and you is that I know I should say you and I.

~ unknown

“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.”
-The Crow (1994)

The thing I have the most trouble with is trying to discipline my little guy, because everything he does make me laugh, and you don't want to send the wrong message. Like, last week, he'd somehow gotten hold of a carving knife and he was stabbing my in-laws repeatedly. It was funny, but I had to be like, "No, that's bad."

- Brian Kiley

If music be the food of love, then play on - Shakespeare

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

The Dalai Lama

A wee child toddling in a wonder world....
I prefer to their dogma...
my excursions into the natural gardens
where the voice of the Great Spirit
is heard in the twittering of birds,
the rippling of mighty waters,
and the sweet breathing of flowers.
If this is Paganism,
then at present,
at least,
I am a Pagan.

~ Zitkala Sa (Lakota) ~

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"If you must hold yourself up to your children as an object lesson, hold yourself up as a warning and not as an example."

- George Bernard Shaw

I'm so mad at my mother. She's 102 years old, she called me up last week, said she wanted to borrow $10 for some food. I told her, "Hey, I work for a living." So, I sent my secretary to lend her the money, and yesterday my mother calls me up and tells me she won't be able to pay the money back for a while. What is this ********? So I worked it out with her. I'm gunna have her carry my barbells up to the attic.

- Steve Martin

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.
-Ben Stein

I am half agony, half hope.
"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be."~ Karen Ravn

Johann von Goethe

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain

There is only one happiness in life,
to love and be loved.
- George Sand