Favourite TV Show Episodes

Tools    

You make a nice point about Walking Distance (and others like it); I think Time Enough at Last just hit me harder the first time I saw it, for whatever reason, and that's stuck with me. Then again, a lot of my favorite movies are horror movies, even when I know what's coming and when. (Maybe I'm just getting forgetful in my old age.)

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Black Mirror - San Junipero
Black Mirror - Shut Up and Dance
The Simpsons - Summer of 4'2"
Arrested Development - Pier Pressure
Family Guy - PTV
Utopia - 2.1 (1974)

Black Mirror - San Junipero
Black Mirror - Shut Up and Dance
The Simpsons - Summer of 4'2"
Arrested Development - Pier Pressure
Family Guy - PTV
Utopia - 2.1 (1974)
I couldn't begin to think of a favourite Arrested Development episode but Pier Pressure would be up there. Hilarious.

Does anyone have a favourite Buffy Episode? I like the show quite a bit but it's not one of my favourites so i didn't really think i had a favourite episode. That was until i told my gf that i really don't like Once More, With Feeling and she explained the next episode. Tabula Rasa, i think that's probably my favourite episode. I dunno though because i don't remember so much of the show. When she was describing it to me i kept being reminded of funny moments and so i think it was at least the funniest to me. The whole Giles and Spike thinking they are father and son, especially Giles asking Spike to come in for a hug before he left to fight vampires and possibly die was hilarious when you know how both Giles and Spike were and how they were together.

Also the funniest moment (for me), at least laugh out loud funny the first time was in this episode: during the Giles and Anya think they are engaged storyline, Anya is failing at magic and constantly bringing up bunnies, we then go to a really touching/dramatic Buffy scene before going back to Giles fighting the most fake looking skeleton imaginable

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Mizumono. Season 2 finale of Hannibal.

Legend in my own mind
Does anyone have a favourite Buffy Episode? I like the show quite a bit but it's not one of my favourites so i didn't really think i had a favourite episode. That was until i told my gf that i really don't like Once More, With Feeling and she explained the next episode. Tabula Rasa, i think that's probably my favourite episode. I dunno though because i don't remember so much of the show. When she was describing it to me i kept being reminded of funny moments and so i think it was at least the funniest to me. The whole Giles and Spike thinking they are father and son, especially Giles asking Spike to come in for a hug before he left to fight vampires and possibly die was hilarious when you know how both Giles and Spike were and how they were together.

Also the funniest moment (for me), at least laugh out loud funny the first time was in this episode: during the Giles and Anya think they are engaged storyline, Anya is failing at magic and constantly bringing up bunnies, we then go to a really touching/dramatic Buffy scene before going back to Giles fighting the most fake looking skeleton imaginable
Used to love BTVS but can't remember a favourite episode. I wanted to be Xander though.

The West Wing- Noēl

A haunting yet ultimately hopeful look at PTSD and the effects it can have on somebody inexperienced. Bradley Whitford gives and incredible performance.

Mizumono was spectacular. Great choice.
I'm embarrassed to say how many rewatches I might have had, sarge. Oh god the music. Who would have thought Bch slowed down would sound like rain. Playing it now - goosebumps.

Legend in my own mind
I'm embarrassed to say how many rewatches I might have had, sarge. Oh god the music. Who would have thought Bch slowed down would sound like rain. Playing it now - goosebumps.
Not sure why you are bringing me into it Thanks for letting me know.

Not sure why you are bringing me into it Thanks for letting me know.
Oops sorry I meant Jeff. Just caught the avatar out of the corner of my eye and it's the same palette. Derp. Monday morning at stupid o'clock.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Farscape - Crackers Don't Matter

Brilliant and hilarious episode that remains my favorite piece of television ever. It involved the crew being driven mad and fighting each other over a shipment of crackers, "cracking up" as it were. It has to be seen to be believed.

I really enjoy Tabula Rasa but I wouldn't call it a favorite. Band Candy is my favorite "everyone has gone bonkers" episode, and the funniest ep of the series in my opinion. In general I very much prefer the earlier episodes over the later ones, I really think the show became too soapy and melodramatic for its own good in those last few seasons.

If I had to pick one episode as my absolute favorite, it would be Graduation Day. It's such an epic finale with so many unforgettable moments.
"Guys. Take a moment to deal with this. We survived."
"It was a hell of a battle."
"Not the battle. High School."

Must be doin sumthin right
Does anyone have a The Wire best episode? I was thinking:

WARNING: "the wire" spoilers below
3:11 with Stringers death.

but more than anything that just feels notable because i didn't really expect it, at least the way it happened. I can't think of a Pine Barrens or that Fly episode in Breaking Bad equivalent in The Wire; any episode that didn't have massive importance in the plot.
Too much Brother Mouzone to be on my best of The Wire shortlist. I think the show was really at its best, character and nitty gritty procedural-wise, in the first season and my favorite one from that year is probably the ep where

WARNING: "The Wire" spoilers below
Kima gets shot

Pine Barrens is by far my favourite Sopranos episode.
Really fun obv but the ep I love most is whatever season opener it was where the feds were setting up surveillance in Tony's basement. I remember feeling like the episode was over way too fast

Farscape - Crackers Don't Matter

Brilliant and hilarious episode that remains my favorite piece of television ever. It involved the crew being driven mad and fighting each other over a shipment of crackers, "cracking up" as it were. It has to be seen to be believed.
Hmmmm I don't recall the later seasons of Farscape all that well. The ep I always think of is DNA Mad Scientist, which gave me nightmares as a kid

Star Trek: The Next Generation: "The Inner Light"
My favorite episode from any show, probably. Patrick Stewart was too good for first-run syndication

Not as high as you on Q eps, tho

The most loathsome of all goblins
Hmmmm I don't recall the later seasons of Farscape all that well. The ep I always think of is DNA Mad Scientist, which gave me nightmares as a kid
You should give the show a rewatch, season 1 is great but the seasons after it are insane.

I will say DNA Mad Scientist is definitely the creepiest episode, Namtar looks and sounds scary as hell. Another good horror episode is Eat Me, although it's a little bit more tongue-in-cheek.