MoFo Fantasy Football - Draft Day and Settings

Tools    

Minnesota will be fine I expect, as soon as they sign T.J. Housmanzedah. Which will happen any day now, most likely.

I think the Saints got by them because they were better, and because Favre was bound to turn back into a pumpkin at some point. I'm shocked it didn't happen a lot sooner, really. He had a career low in interceptions at the age of 39. I don't see how that could possibly happen again.

Minnesota will be fine I expect, as soon as they sign T.J. Housmanzedah. Which will happen any day now, most likely.
When the Seahawks cut him thats the first thing I thought too. I think Housh would fit in nicely there.

I think the Saints got by them because they were better, and because Favre was bound to turn back into a pumpkin at some point. I'm shocked it didn't happen a lot sooner, really. He had a career low in interceptions at the age of 39. I don't see how that could possibly happen again.
Ive a feeling this is gonna be Favres last year no matter what. If he even repeats the success he had last year I think itll be his last season still. Brett Favres for real, but that doesnt mean the players hes competing against arent. Just the way the criticisms read feels of he's not legit or a winner when it counts, and thats just not the case. This guy did win a super bowl with a less talented team compared to the 2010 Vikes. I really hope the Vikings go all the way this year, and win the super bowl. Unless the Buccaneers start playing playoff ball that is.

I'm not playing any kind of "Brett Favre is a choker" card. I think that kind of thing is always bunk. I'm playing the "Brett Favre's career averages have him throwing way more interceptions even in his good years, so it's unrealistic to expect him to throw just 9 again." He was the same guy with the Jets, and he was behind a pretty good offensive line, and he threw, what, 23 INTs?

Maybe others just dislike the guy or think he comes up short in big moments. I just think a player's history, particular when it's this long, clearly shows you what they're capable of, and all the data suggest that last year was a fluke, particularly in terms of INTs. I think he'll be fine, largely because he's playing a disproportionate number of games in domes and in warm weather, but he's not throwing 9 INTs again if he tosses anywhere near the same number of passes.

Last year he threw 33 TDs. This year, I'll put the over-under on TDs at about 25-26, and for INTs, I'd say 14-15.

I feel pretty stacked in my other league with all my coworkers and friends

QB - Kevin Kolb
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Marques Colston
RB - Ryan Matthews
RB - Arian Foster
FLEX - Knowshon Moreno
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Nate Kaeding
TM - Philly

Bench
RB - Justin Forsett
RB - Pierre Thomas
RB - Darren Sproles
WR - Steve Smith (NYG)
WR - Bernard Berrian
WR - Mike Wallace

Ive a feeling this is gonna be Favres last year no matter what.
Yeah, I think I've said this more than three times.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
You want to see a truly stacked team? How about this one with my friends (10 Team League, but it is still damn stacked for it)

QB Brees
WR Fitzgerald
WR Jennings
WR Mike Wallace
RB D. Williams
RB Benson
TE Finley
FLEX Bradshaw
D Ravens
K Prater
Bench:
T. Jones
Massaquoi
Carlson
Royal
Forsett
McCluster

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Honestly, none of the receiving threats in Minnesota are that scary though. Sidney Rice is a true baller, but he's gone for at least 6 games. Harvin is good but not great, and the rest of them are lucky to even be on an NFL team (Berrian included, who really was terrible last year). I don't think a signing of Houshmanzadeh would have much of an impact this year for them either (think Roy Williams, Dallas).

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

Houshh signs with The Ravens.

great for the ravens, not so much for owners of Mason and Boldin.

Though feel free to be whacko for flacco.

Had a couple of other drafts today. Couldn't really get any other leagues together before the season started so I picked one at random and drafted a team that has so much depth and looks so good on paper I almost feel bad. Almost. Fitzgerald fell to me at 29, and C. Benson at 49. Not kidding.

One other owner drafted Schaub in the 2nd, and then Brady in the 3rd, like 6 picks later. They insisted it was a "strategy" that they would not reveal to the rest of us. This is NOT a 2-QB league, and you can't start a QB in a flex spot, either. So apparently they either a) have no strategy, b) did it as a mistake and were too ashamed to admit as much, or c) plan to actually try to play the matchups each week with two top-tier QBs, rather than grab a starting WR or RB with that 3rd round pick. Yikes.

I accidentally ended up in another league, too, and didn't realize until it had drafted most of my team. And, of course, it drafted exactly the OPPOSITE kind of team I wanted. Almost every starter is a guy I've thought was overvalued, or have avoided, etc. Lame. If I can get the team revoked or something, I will, but if not it'll probably be a blemish on my little Yahoo Fantasy Sports profile thingy. That said, I'll try to turn it into something fun by seeing if I can trade and manage it into something decent.

A system of cells interlinked

I accidentally ended up in another league, too, and didn't realize until it had drafted most of my team.
Man, I misread this at first. I thought it said that you have accidentally joined another league, and then somehow participated in a live draft but didn't realize it until the late rounds. I was sitting here picturing Yoda in some doped out state with his head lolling from side to side as he sleepwalked through an entire sign-up and draft procedure, only to be jarred into a horrible reality of having Chad Henne and Matt Prater as his early round picks as he came to in the 10th.