Boba Fett Spin-Off?

Tools    

He might just be a side character with an iconic appearance and odd-shaped spaceship, but 'Star Wars' bounty hunter Boba Fett has inspired 'Captain America' director Joe Johnston sufficiently that he wants to make a movie about him.

Johnston cut his teeth in the film business working on visual effects and as an art director, and it will come as no surprise to learn that he was effects designer and, later, art director for George Lucas on the original 'Star Wars' trilogy.

As well as having designed some of the most popular creations in the 'Star Wars' universe, including Yoda, X-Wings and the Millennium Falcon, he is reportedly responsible for the iconic outfit of Boba Fett himself.

In an interview with Screenrant.com discussing 'Captain America', Johnston revealed that he is “trying to get George to make a feature based on Boba Fett.”

However, recent announcements regarding the beloved franchise might not have the impact they once had after a series of disappointing extensions, spin-offs and animations dented enthusiasm. And of course the infamously divisive prequel trilogy that unleashed Jar Jar Binks on the world has diminished the 'Star Wars' universe in the eyes of many.

Nonetheless, it is still an exciting prospect to see another angle on the epic battle between the Empire and the Rebel Alliance, especially as it comes from one of the original creators of the classic sci-fi franchise. And there is plenty of scope to play with the morals and meddling of a bounty hunter in the intergalactic conflict.

Although Johnston did also direct 'Jumanji', 'Jurassic Park III' and 'The Wolfman', so we won't count our cinematic chickens just yet.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/19072011/...et-spin-0.html

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Sounds good, I think it would be a excellent film as long as it's not screwed with to much like the prequels. Maybe a scene where Boba Fett kills Jar Jar Binks could be put in somehow.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Hmm, I'm not too sure about this one. As much as I love Boba Fett, I just can't picture him being the center of a full-length feature film.

Hmm, I'm not too sure about this one. As much as I love Boba Fett, I just can't picture him being the center of a full-length feature film.
I agree. It doesn't seem like there is either enough of a story, or enough of a draw to warrant a feature length. Although stranger things have happened.

Not interested in it. I think that the Star Wars saga is dead and buried.