Transformers 2

Tools    

Hate to say it but it looks like an empty film with bloated effects.

(More so than the first)
How are the effects in this one be any bad.I think that with the Transformers franchise ILM had proven themselves to be the best in the business I can see that the trailer doesn't show much bet check the one I posted It has some pretty nice scenes filled with lot of action and robots this movie is so going to rock I can hardly wait *excited*

Its no biggie B-card. There's a lot of folks out there that just can't get into it for whatever reason. I think it may have more to do with a hatred for Micheal Bay than the movie. I love his flicks but apparently I'm in the minority.

I enjoyed the first movie and this one looks even better. The Fallen looks so cool in this film that it's not even funny.

What?

a) I never said anything was wrong with the actual quality of the effects
b) Actually enjoyed the first, own it on DVD- along with several other Bay flicks. In fact i think i defended him on here in other threads

I just meant they seem to have stuffed as many overblown transformers into this one just for the sake of it. Hence it seems bloated. Add to that their attempt at plot seems even more feeble than the first. Not that that would be a problem, just looks too bloated (because of all the different transformers) to have anything to actually engage with.

Maybe should have rephrased it 'bloated with effects'

Its no biggie B-card. There's a lot of folks out there that just can't get into it for whatever reason. I think it may have more to do with a hatred for Micheal Bay than the movie. I love his flicks but apparently I'm in the minority.
Well it seems that makes us two

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm looking forward to it. My only complaint from the trailer is Devastator. Just looks like they could've thrown some more money at it. Otherwise, I'm in the minority group as well.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I thought the first movie was awesome and this has the potential to be better and looking from the trailer it doesnt look like it is going to fail

I cant wait for this movie.

I thought the first movie was awesome and this has the potential to be better and looking from the trailer it doesnt look like it is going to fail

I cant wait for this movie.

I second this so much! Loved the first one, and saw a trailer for the newone on youtube today and, my lord i think it looks awesome!

The Elected Movie Eliminator
For some reason I can't get into Transformers. I don't like these type of movies with big machines and stuff, they have never appealed to me. Just like Jurassic Park and Godzilla.

I have been a Transformers fan ever since my childhood and I loved what they have done with the CGI and the plot of the film, however I cannot get my head around why it has been Americanized when many of the European cars had been "transformed" into American cars , I.E Jazz was a Porsche 911 and they made him a Pontiac. One of the new characters in the second film "Side Swipe" was a Lamborghini, and they have made him into a Corvette along with Bumblebee and it would not suprise me if they did the same with any new characters introduced into the third film if one is to be done. It's lost much of its European origin from the film, and is now mainly based heavily on the American car market. I suspect this is just a big ploy for increased sales in the American car market.

My main point I am trying to get accross is that they should keep the American cars American, Japanese cars Japanese, and European cars, European!
And I think Michael Bay should take this on board!

Well dannyboy, first off, you should've scrolled down a little. You would've noticed a thread already going on this. I fixed it, but just putting that out there.

Onto your supposed "rant."

With Transformers, if you notice all the vehicles used are GM. This actually saves the studio money using one car company vice 5 different ones. It's not like GM couldn't use the money, anyway.

Now, onto it's "European origin." The cartoon was originally based on a transforming toy vehicle concept from Japan, that turned into a television show, too. The show was called Tatakae! Cho Robot Seimeitai Transformer. The toys were originally made in Japan by the Takara company. Hasbro followed suit shortly afterwards with the American version.

Yes European cars were used, but that was a cartoon and much cheaper.

Yeah sorry about the new thread.

Also yes I do know it was originally Japanese based (Takara), when i speak of European origin, I was rather looking at some of the car types, not the origin of the cartoon series.

I'm fully aware of all the history behind Transformers and its great that they have still used Peter Cullen in the new movies as a nod to the fans as it has been them that have kept this franchise going, however this film has a multi-million dollar budget and if the Fast and The Furious can throw in Euro and Jap cars, then I think Michael Bay and the producers could also throw in some cash from their back pockets to include the original car makes.

Ok, after further review of the facts, let me enlighten you.

I originally stated this:
This actually saves the studio money using one car company vice 5 different ones. It's not like GM couldn't use the money, anyway.
When in all actuality, it was the other way around. GM actually provided the vehicles at no expense to Paramount/Dreamworks. Product placement is nothing new to the entertainment industry, it's just on a much grander scale here. In return, GM is hoping that with a sale tie-in with the movie they can turn some profit from it. When a company is willing to throw a lot of money at a picture, who's going to say no.

Yes, there's a mustang and other non-GM vehicles in the movie, but they're the anti-hero.

While it would be awesome to see the original vehicles, it's just not in the cards. If you're looking for nostalgia, check out The Transformers: The Movie.

I just need to throw in my two cents as i saw the new trailer the other day (before Star Trek) and my god i think i'm going to hate the second even more than i hate the first!
I am Transformers fan, have been since i was about 5 (now i'm 27) and i can't get over how Michael Bay can take one of the greatest franchises ever, crumple it into a little ball, crap all over it and throw it away and come back with the genius idea of "make robot big and lots of boom boom!" it makes my skin crawl every time i think back about the first movie (which i have tried watching on several occasions) how a man can take a piece of my childhood and flush it down the toilet!
If i was in Hollywood now i'd get a rolled up magazine and tap Michael on the nose "Bad Bay, bad boy!"
mermermer... panties on.